Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:58:16 PM EDT
I've been looking for a Bulgy 74 build on OOW receiver and got an offer for one a Hesse/Vulcan receiver. Putting all things aside about Hesse/Vulcan/JoeKen...this weapon has olive drab hardware and the seller states that is appears unfired. Are these better than the Romanian 74's? The seller states this gun appears to be one of their better examples. I'm new to the AK scene and don't want to drop money on a rifle that I might have to send to AKUSA or ORF to fix. Any info, suggestions and experiences would be helpful. I know you get what you pay for but it does seem like a good deal. Thanks, Stan [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive seen em at gun shows..I stay away from hesse/vulcan Ive just seen and heard to many stories...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay away unless you have enough money for plastic surgery. The headspace on mine was either too tight or would outright change because the bolt would not close on some rounds. This as you can imagine created a good size fireball about three inches from my face. Also the ejectors are not hardened and they will eventually erode away due to the steel cased ammo. Last, the bakelites or any AK-74 magazine for that matter will not fit unless the rear is trimmed. Do what I did and buy a SAR 2 or a WASR 2 that's been converted to high caps. They're inexpensive and relatively reliable although you won't be impressed with finish on most of them, but I'd rather have something safe over looks anyday.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top