Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:35:00 AM EDT
Hopefully the sky isn't falling, but I got this e-mail last night.  Sounds like Bulgarian waffles are running low and in accordance with the laws of supply and demand:

-------------------------------------------

Dear Forum Members,

as a loyal customers we have the responsibility toward You to give You all the inside Information at K-VAR .

We are running low on Bulgarian 30 rd 7.62x39 waffle Mags.  http://www.k-varcorp.com/magazines.html
From inside sources the executive board has decided to raise the  prices on this mag.  Begining May 7th 2003 the price will go up to
$17.99

Hurry Up! And please dont say I didn't warn You. These mags are the last preban ones in the US. There are no more preban waffles in Bulgaria or anywhere else. No other companies not even K-VAR will be able to import them.

This is it folks

Thanks

Admin
www.k-varcorp.com
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I wondered about that myself.  Either they are running out, or they aren't moving fast enough and they are hoping this will cause a knee-jerk reaction.  Oh my gosh, the magazines are drying up!  I had better order 20 or more!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
They neglected to say that while the supply may be drying up, they probably are sitting on thousands of them that Bulgaria dumped for maybe 50 cents (or less) each and laughed all the way to the bank. What else can you do when you have converted to 5.45mm along with all your neighbors? I'd like to have a couple of them, but my pride won't let me pay $18 for a mag that was $10 and less a couple months ago. In this case, I think I'll take my chances on the crime bill sunset and the price cuts that will happen if it really looks for sure. Of course, I'm also the one that thinks it will not sunset, or that it will be replaced with a more stringent bill. Either way, I'm hedged, because I'm sitting on a few mags myself - not thousands, but a lot more than I would ever need, most bought pre-'94.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you possibly mean to say that the price DECREASE was due to slow sales?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you possibly mean to say that the price DECREASE was due to slow sales?

I think that would normally be the case, but when you're the only game in town that sells them - giving a grace period before raising prices might induce some panic and get those fence sitters to finally put in an order.  I guess it worked on me - I put an order for a few.  I still remember the day when Chief pulled up with a crate full of these things.  Should've gotten more then....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The thing about AK mags is that there are always more of them, there is often something completely new and the prices continue to stay low.

What, ten years ago East German mags were everywhere for $2 each? Even that magazine ban couldn't bring AK mags to much over $10 for steel mags and that didn't last.

$50 waffles, $10 waffles. $15 Polish Slabs.
Bazzillions of steel mags still around.

Don't hold your breath but we probably are not through seeing new and different things in the world of Ak mags. If you don't have any waffles then sure, maybe you out to buy a few before the price goes up. If you already have some (or plenty of) waffles then big deal...who cares if they run out?

The K-Var idea IS to get you to buy more mags.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
no, I mean't increase. Panic provides its own market, even at inflated prices. Buy the Polish ones from AIM!

those look pretty cool, are they solid black? the lighting is weird on the picture they have.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, I got my 50 in today....all brand spankin' new and all black.  Nice looking magazines.  They remind me of the Bulgarian black polymer 5.45mm magazines.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey , I remember when plain steel AK 30rd mags
were $20 each
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Right on all counts Campy. I think the only danger is importation laws might change thanks to our dear friends at ATF and Customs.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Right on RotDorn.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Okay, I gave in and ordered a couple Bulgie waffles when I saw that they had been reduced further to $14.99. Then, I went to AIM and got a couple Polska slab-sides. I'm shameless.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Okay, I gave in and ordered a couple Bulgie waffles when I saw that they had been reduced further to $14.99. Then, I went to AIM and got a couple Polska slab-sides. I'm shameless.

I'd trust an honest Mag whore before a Federal agent any day .
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, it's definitely a sickness, but we rationalize with the argument that "Hey - without the magazine, the gun is just a poorly designed club".
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#18]
JoeKen website still says they are "in the process of importing the last Waffle Magazines left in Bulgaria."   The mags are listed at $12ea, but who knows when the hell they are gonna get those in.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]
MUST HAVE POLISH MAGS, MUST RESIST, NO MONEY, MUST REEEEESSSSIIISSSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a feeling we will see more AK stuff from cash strapped former commie countries that supported/took part in GW2 (gulf war 2).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Do I need more Bulgy mags?  Well of course I want to say yes, but I had to order some of the Polish mags insted.  I dont want to pay freaken $17.99, and I think I can find them for cheaper at a later time.

I hope the Polish mags are as nice as everyone has been saying.  I ordered them last week, so they should arrive very soon.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Look at all the pre-ban British steel AR mags that have hit the market in the last year.  I still come across deals from guys I know for U.S. GI AR mags at $6.00 to $10.00 from time to time.

Even though I have more Bulgarian mags than I will ever use, I broke down and ordered some of the Polish mags.

If anyone has .223 Norinco 30 rd. mags they don't need I am always open for a trade.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top