Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:28:49 AM EDT
I am waiting for my next paycheck and want to (finally) order a SAM7. I saw at k-var.com that they have the barrel for a AK-104. How hard would it be to exchange the barrels? I have little  gunsmithing abilities, could I do it myself, or should I have it sent to a gunsmith? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you have built AK's before, I would definately send it out to a good AK gunsmith.  Arsenal's are one of the best if not the best AK out there and I would hate to see you mess it up trying to save a few bucks.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Unless you have built AK's before, I would definately send it out to a good AK gunsmith.  Arsenal's are one of the best if not the best AK out there and I would hate to see you mess it up trying to save a few bucks.

+1,.. in addition, you would have to get the 200 SBR stamp approved and back in your possesion before you even attempt to install the 104 barrel.

i am building a AK-104 clone from all new parts,..includeing that barrel you saw at K-VAR,...but i have also built a few AK's already so i can work my way thru it ok. but if you have not built or done any work to any AK's you would be better off sending it out or getting some build experiance first.

now about useing a Arsenal SA-M7,....i know it is a super rifle,...but that milled reciver will not accecpt a AK-100 series butt stock,....if you are going to pay for a SBR stamp you may as well get the folding stock,..otherwise you will just have a barrel that is only 1-3 in shorter depending on what muzzel device you use.

heres what im building mine out of,.... the most expensive parts are the barrel and buttstock,..the butt stock had a 3 month wait because it came from Russia.

AK-104 barrel assy....new
Romanian AK-47 trunnion,..new
Bulgarian ak-47 bolt ,...new
Russian AK-100 series poly folding butt stock,..new
Global Trades 1.0mm reciver,.. new
Russian dust cover,..used from a Saiga
Bulgarian safty selector used
Romanian bolt carrier and trigger guard/ mag latch,..used

so far thats about 600 in parts,...+ the 200 SBR stamp,.. it would have been alot less if i used all used parts,...but i made sure all the parts i have do not have any other numbers on them,...

it will cost more,.. but if you are after a close copy of a  AK-104 it is worth it,.. hope it helps
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the replies. I too would like to get the SF, but my patience is running out. I MIGHT wait another month, or sell my Glock for extra funds . But I will send it to a gunsmith if I decide to swap barrels. Thanks again.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top