Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:41:57 PM EST
Was interested in purchasing a new Bulgarian AK w/milled receiver. My question is since it is a low cap model could the receiver be milled out to accept high cap? Have done this to a WASR 10 but that was a stamped receiver. Would it even be worth it? From what I've read Bulgarians are much better than Romanian WASR's. The rifle is selling for $269.95. Opinions?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:45:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:26:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 5:30:47 PM EST by smokinyoda]
Anyone know of any tutorials? I have access to a mill so with the right info could pull it off, maybe. Would the barrel have to be removed? Or could it be as simple as just milling out the well? Just can't pass on the price. Can pick it up for the price of a high cap WASR 10, but a much better rifle.
Link
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:22:26 PM EST
I would recommending building your own Bulgarian or Hungarian from stamped parts kit . You might spend a little more than the price for that milled Bulgarian but you will have a gun that you can easily modify later if you want to. Plus its a lot of fun building your own , but the only downside is it becomes really addictive and soon you will build more and more.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:32:29 PM EST
I know, presently building an AMD-65. I can see it getting addictive. Thanks for the input.
Top Top