Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 4:48:06 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
I've got a hankering for a new AK74, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could source a Bulgarian AK74 parts kit. Everywhere I look seems to be sold out! I'm thinking about having Ohio Rapid Fire do the build, and want to get moving on my new toy! :-)
Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
How about saving us a heap of redundant typing and telling us where you have looked so far?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the EE!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've looked in the usual places.  K-Var.  JoeKen.  Even FAC (shudder).  RS, Where else would you suggest? I'm not a big fan of ebay due to their anti-gun policies, nor auctions for that matter.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe centerfire systems or global trades.

thanks for the ebay links fp
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
that first e-bay parts kit looks like top grade stuff (to my untrained eye).  what would this quality parts kit sell for at one of the regular mail order places?  

I ask because I have a SAR-2 that is darn nice, but would like another, more original '74 type rifle.  I do not want to get in a bidding war and wind up paying double what the thing is worth (as happens at e-bay from time to time).
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
$170-200, plus shipping.
2 SAR2s from Aim or one Bulgy kit build. My Bulgy 74 is my favorite gun out of 'many'.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#8]
RS39:
Thanks for the info.  You guys warned me that one AK would eventually make me want another, shoulda ran away right then!  But no, I got myself weaned on the SAR-2, swapped out the furniture, acquired a nice stock pile of 5.45 mags.  Then that little voice in my head told me "now you need another '74".

Wham! DSD (Dark Side Disease) got another one!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top