Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:53:31 PM EDT
Is this stuff any good especially in a PSL that seems to only like czhec and wolf? Also good price for a 300 rd. case or by the pack of 10.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got some 70's polish and that crap jams in the damn chamber. Actually I shouldn't say crap it's probably my damn gun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know some 50s heavy had icky primer flow back issues, not sure of light. .........

I can directly comment on that. Was down to the last 50-60 rounds of a tin of 1950's Bulgarian stuff and had a primer blow out causin my Polish M44 to lock up tighter than a virgin on Prom night. Had to go home and whack the bolt open with a rubber mallet. Soon as the action broke open, that primer just fell out. Threw the rest away and sworn off the 1950's Bulgy stuff.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The Romanian PSL was intended for light ball ammo. Shooting heavy bullets can damage the rifle, as it puts more pressure on the gas system. I would not go above 180grs.

If you have the nuts to use corrosive, look for Romanian 149gr. light ball. It will often be mislabled 147gr. (pull a bullet and weigh it if you want). I saw a good 400 rounds or so for sale, 20 rounds in each Ziploc bag at the last gun show, it has a copperwashed steel case and red primer/bullet sealant. I do not recall the headstamp, but it wasn't commercial. The show price was pretty cheap, $3 or so per bag.

If you don't use corrosive, you can do one of two things:

1. Buy tons of Olympic 180gr. ammo cheap at The Sportsmans Guide and forget about the scopes bullet drop compensator. Sight the scope in for 100 or whatever range you shoot and enjoy it.

2. Pay about $30 more (comparing it for 600 rounds) for Wolf and have a close to right bullet weight and be able to use the BDC with decent accuracy.

I have an SVT-40 and original PSL (not a kit build) and there is no way I will give either corrosive. Wolf is more expensive so I went with Olympic.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top