Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 1:02:47 PM EDT
has anyone dealt with military gun supply???  How was your experience?  Any thoughts on rifle?  It is built on Ohio Ordinance receiver, in 5.45, with threaded barrell and 74 brake, Bulgy parts kit, furniture looks not important to me it will all be replaced.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
any link?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
has anyone dealt with military gun supply???  How was your experience?  Any thoughts on rifle?  It is built on Ohio Ordinance receiver, in 5.45, with threaded barrell and 74 brake, Bulgy parts kit, furniture looks not important to me it will all be replaced.

I ordered it!  Due in two weeks slight back order they sell fast apparently.  Wish me luck.  
What stocks work well on a Ohio Ordinance Reciever???
Does the Ultimak mount work on Bulgarian 5.45's???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#4]
YES!

They're right here in Fort Worth. I traded with them for an Olympic AR-15 a few months ago.

I was VERY DISSAPPOINTED with how they conducted themselves. Keep in mind that I didn't know too much about AR's then, but I know now in retrospect that they screwed me on everything they could. I've learned 1000% above and beyond from all they guys here on this site that were willing to answer my dumbass questions.

AT MILITARY GUN SUPPLY:

1. Told me some bullshit about how this rifle could only shoot "NATO 556" and that 223 would jam immediately in it, which is of course, completely untrue and just showed a weird lack of understanding about what he was selling. He said NEVER buy Remington 223 unless I wanted to severly damage the rifle.

2.  Told me that all the Olympic ARs have Chrome lined barrels. I now know this was a lie as mine does not according to the Olympic Arms Company. Maybe he was ignorant. Maybe he lied. Either way, I didn't know it wasn't chrome until a few weeks afterwards

3. The late thirties owner with braces received a cell-phone call from a girl while in the middle of talking to me as we were closing the deal. Immediately he walked away and engaged in a conversation with this "after-blind-date" girl that sounded like the 5th grade all over again. "Do YOU like movies? Do YOU like watching TV? So what are you thinking about right now? Do you kinda like me? Well I sorta kinda like you?"

4.  Included a few boxes of ammo which he said were U.S. Military ammo. This crap was made in Romania or someplace. Part of the back label wasn't even in English.

5. Included three no-name mags that ALL malfunctioned. Agreed to meet me at the store the next day to "make it right even though they're used now". He WAS NOT at the store the next day of course. Upon returning AGAIN the day after that, he acted like he never had seen me before and then just handed me a "AR-15 carry handle scope mount" in exchange. I was more than ready to get the hell out of there, but didn't think about ACTUALLY SEEING IF FIT any of their AR's. OF COURSE, when I got home, it did not fit the carry handle. It was for some other rifle and I just threw it in the fucking trash rather than see that sonofabitch again.

Their website would make you think they have a badass store. They probably have 500 rifles in there, but 495 of them are cosmoline packed Century Arms shit, completely beat to living hell French surplus garbage, or Chinese imitations of American rifles and shotguns with plastic stocks that feel like the stock on a toy gun.

I now know that the Olympic Ar I bought is very much an "entry-level" AR. It is a good first one for me, especially being on a tight budget for this sort of stuff. Not to knock my own rifle, but there is a reason that they carry Olympic and not Bushmaster, Colt, Arm, etc. They carry the cheapest version of anything they can get their hands on, then tell you a mixture of misinformation and/or lies on top of that. The few Olympic AR's they have are the Cadillacs of that store and everything else is a Yugo or worse, literally.

I say, Fuck 'Em all the way!! I'll NEVER go back there.

BY the way...the parts kits they sell for their AKs, like the one you ordered, all sit in a dusty glass case in a pile by the door. Mixed parts. I watched them pull pieces together to sell to some kid while I was there. BE SURE you have all the parts you are supposed to get. These motherfuckers ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
YES!

They're right here in Fort Worth. I traded with them for an Olympic AR-15 a few months ago.

I was VERY DISSAPPOINTED with how they conducted themselves. Keep in mind that I didn't know too much about AR's then, but I know now in retrospect that they screwed me on everything they could. I've learned 1000% above and beyond from all they guys here on this site that were willing to answer my dumbass questions.

AT MILITARY GUN SUPPLY:

1. Told me some bullshit about how this rifle could only shoot "NATO 556" and that 223 would jam immediately in it, which is of course, completely untrue and just showed a weird lack of understanding about what he was selling. He said NEVER buy Remington 223 unless I wanted to severly damage the rifle.

2.  Told me that all the Olympic ARs have Chrome lined barrels. I now know this was a lie as mine does not according to the Olympic Arms Company. Maybe he was ignorant. Maybe he lied. Either way, I didn't know it wasn't chrome until a few weeks afterwards

3. The late thirties owner with braces received a cell-phone call from a girl while in the middle of talking to me as we were closing the deal. Immediately he walked away and engaged in a conversation with this "after-blind-date" girl that sounded like the 5th grade all over again. "Do YOU like movies? Do YOU like watching TV? So what are you thinking about right now? Do you kinda like me? Well I sorta kinda like you?"

4.  Included a few boxes of ammo which he said were U.S. Military ammo. This crap was made in Romania or someplace. Part of the back label wasn't even in English.

5. Included three no-name mags that ALL malfunctioned. Agreed to meet me at the store the next day to "make it right even though they're used now". He WAS NOT at the store the next day of course. Upon returning AGAIN the day after that, he acted like he never had seen me before and then just handed me a "AR-15 carry handle scope mount" in exchange. I was more than ready to get the hell out of there, but didn't think about ACTUALLY SEEING IF FIT any of their AR's. OF COURSE, when I got home, it did not fit the carry handle. It was for some other rifle and I just threw it in the fucking trash rather than see that sonofabitch again.

Their website would make you think they have a badass store. They probably have 500 rifles in there, but 495 of them are cosmoline packed Century Arms shit, completely beat to living hell French surplus garbage, or Chinese imitations of American rifles and shotguns with plastic stocks that feel like the stock on a toy gun.

I now know that the Olympic Ar I bought is very much an "entry-level" AR. It is a good first one for me, especially being on a tight budget for this sort of stuff. Not to knock my own rifle, but there is a reason that they carry Olympic and not Bushmaster, Colt, Arm, etc. They carry the cheapest version of anything they can get their hands on, then tell you a mixture of misinformation and/or lies on top of that. The few Olympic AR's they have are the Cadillacs of that store and everything else is a Yugo or worse, literally.

BY the way...the parts kits they sell for their AKs, like the one you ordered, all sit in a dusty glass case in a pile by the door. Mixed parts. I watched them pull pieces together to sell to some kid while I was there. BE SURE you have all the parts you are supposed to get. These motherfuckers ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

All I can say to that post is DAMN
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
You said it brother..

Hard way to learn.

Should have come here first.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YES!

AT MILITARY GUN SUPPLY:

All I can say to that post is DAMN

This is an AK, should I be as worried??? I will replace all the furniture in short order thats not a factor.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, some folks in the gun business that are untrustworthy, that's odd.  That sucks dude.  Well, your here now and this is the best place for online gun info.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#10]
About six months ago, I ordered a Polish PMKMS kit from them.  I was told on the phone that it was in excellent condition.  When it arrived, I was truly shocked by its condition.  It looked like it had been dumped into the Suez Canal for about ten years.  The barrel actually had little rust balls in it, way beyond use or repair.  When I called to get a return shipping authorization the guy on the phone was not too helpful.

Needless to say,  with help from another board member, we got pics posted.  

Within a couple of days,  to the company's CREDIT, I was reembursed in FULL.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Well, your here now and this is the best place for online gun info.

+10 on that.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Mattl,

Well, I would say "yes" you should be worried. However, you are aware of who you are dealing with so you are now ready to carefully inspect what you get.

Plenty of companies, such as Century Arms, produce  a consistently bad product and still stay in business. Military Gun Supply simply gets away with poor business practices enough to apparently be profitable.

Just be VERY detailed in checking out what you get from them.

Maybe it will turn out OK....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Prices from the latest shotgun news (january 10) to the website were off by more than $100 in some cases for the complete bulgy rifles.  Website was more expensive.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I have dealt with MGS for years.  They are a good outfit.  I have been to their place several dozen times.  The only problem I see is that they don't know everything about every firearm made by every manufacturer.

They used to have a very small shop.  They have moved to a new showroom.  I have seen a steady increase in their knowledge and professionalism.

The mature thing to do is not be put off by the poor experience of one or two people.  Also, be wary of anyone who gives you a litany of complaints that would outdo the miseries visited upon Job.

MGS is growing and making money.  I suspect they do much more right that wrong.

I recently purchased a Bulgi side folding kit from them.  It is perfect in every way.  

By the way, I have known the owner for years.  He doesn't wear braces.

Yes, they are heavy into milsurps.  Just because that doesn't please some people doesn't mean there is anything wrong with their business plan.  

I have many friends who like MGS.  Go there and make up your own mind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in there this past Saturday, their AK-74 kits that I actually saw looked good. But I wouldn't really want to buy anything from them that I could not inspect.

I have bought a few guns off of them over the years. Their prices aren't the good deal that they used to be, but hell it's their shop and they can charge what they want.

What really turned me off them is a wino looking car mechanic that works for them. He seems to be a belligrent drunk.  Twice whilel I was in their store he started some shit with a customer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was in there this past Saturday, their AK-74 kits that I actually saw looked good. But I wouldn't really want to buy anything from them that I could not inspect.

I have bought a few guns off of them over the years. Their prices aren't the good deal that they used to be, but hell it's their shop and they can charge what they want.

What really turned me off them is a wino looking car mechanic that works for them. He seems to be a belligrent drunk.  Twice whilel I was in their store he started some shit with a customer.

3day inspection/return policy.  I live in NW Louisiana they are in fort worth at absolute worst I have to drive 3 hours.  If I get a $330 lemon we will be talking personally if we have to.  Its also an excuse to go to Dallas.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#17]
When I bought my kit they had no problem with me opening it up at the store for approval.  If you don't like the prices, make a counter offer.  I have been there a couple of dozen times...while the counter guy I have dealt with mostly isn't up to speed on everything, he has always been cordial enough.

I am concerned that one or two posters have a burr up their tailpipes about MGS and are doing their best to drive others away.  The best businesses in the world have their critics.  It is unwise to rule out a vendor this large and this easy to get to simply on the word of one or two others.

MGS is a far cry from Joeken or Ga. Precision.  Concersely, they are not a boutique.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Super nice folks.

74 sidefolder kit was all matching and in good shape.

I'd do business with them again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I found them on the internet w/o hearing any feedback about them. I took a chance and got a saiga 7.62 in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#20]
No they are definately not a Jerkin or Rguns, and their is a kindly old German guy that generally waits on me. Like I said, it is the Pony Tailed Drunken guy there that bugs me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top