Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2006 9:42:17 AM EDT
I am looking at buying one of Copes Distributing's Polish Underfolders.  Can anyone tell me what is actually involved in building one of them and what tools are required?

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a lot of information to ask for in one post.  Did you look at the stickies at the top of the page?  Did you use the search feature?  Since you are a Team member you can search active posts and archived posts too, so all the info you need can be found on this site.  What ever questions you still have after searching will be cheerfully be answered here!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I realize it was a lot to ask for all in one post.  But I was more looking for a single place to find it all.  I have searched around, but I guess what I really want to know is what are the minimum tools needed and which parts actually require them.  I know things are easier with a press, but is it possible without one?  If so how does the barrel go in?

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is "go for it!"  Buy the kit and then you will have to learn!  Everything I know is from this site,  I feel obligated at this point to pay to be a team member and also it also lets you search for archived topics.  I didnt start my builds yet because I am looking for receivers with the underfolder hole pre-cut.  I have everything I need to build at this point besides the receivers.  (Hydrolic press, vise, jigs, etc.)  What part of Maryland are you in?  I am 30 mins north of Baltimore.  If you are close, youre more than welcomed to my place to use my equipment.   If and when you take me up on this offer, hopefully I will have some 1st hand build knowledge.  Read, read, read, then post.  Good Luck!

also FYI just in case you do decide to but the kit:

The best places to get receivers is from http://dpharms.com  (Underfolder receivers are back ordered.)

and

Armory USA /Global Trades:  713.944.3351
You send the rear trunion to them and they custom fit it, parkarize it then send it back to you.  $109.99 plus shipping.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I was actually looking at one of the fireing line milled recievers for the underfolder and the parts kit from cope.  Would I have to press the barrel in?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually will the copes underfolder kit work with a milled reciever?  If not where can I get an underfolder kit for a milled reciever?

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The Polish underfolders being offered at most places are for stamped receivers not the milled ones.  Milled kits are not as numerous.  If I remember Joeken, sportsman guide and a few others had milled kits.  They pop up every once awhile on the EE.  

Milled is cool except the receivers cost too much $$$.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Firing line is nice but at $389.99 a bit expensive for me.  I think you can buy the threaded barrel but I would just get the regular one you press the barrel in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Firing line is nice but at $389.99 a bit expensive for me.  I think you can buy the threaded barrel but I would just get the regular one you press the barrel in.

Can you press it without a press.... or what could suffice for a hydrolic press which I don't actually have access to?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Where are you located?  If youre close, my invitation is still open.  Come us my stuff!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
MD.... right outside of DC.  

-C4-
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top