Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2004 11:02:45 AM EDT
Hi all,

Over on DotNutz, Gunco, and AKFiles we have been working on putting together a build party at my place on Oct 30.

I'm located just East of Richmond in Mechanicsville.  It looks like we're going to have every tool imaginable to get your flat and kit off of the ground.

See this thread at DotNutz for details . . . www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205933

Please email me from an account you check so that I can get a distribution list together . . .

ALL ARE WELCOME!

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Just up the road (kinda, I'm in Norfolk) and can't make it. Have a baby due just before then and no $$$ to buy a kit. I planned this whole thing wrong! LOL
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
what time did you want to get started?  i live in norfolk and have a few friends who want to build too.  you can email me at: [email protected] andlet me know.  also if it is earlyenough is there anything that you need us to bring?

thanks for the offer.
chris
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi all,

Over on DotNutz, Gunco, and AKFiles we have been working on putting together a build party at my place on Oct 30.

I'm located just East of Richmond in Mechanicsville.  It looks like we're going to have every tool imaginable to get your flat and kit off of the ground.

See this thread at DotNutz for details . . . www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205933

Please email me from an account you check so that I can get a distribution list together . . .

headbang.gif

ALL ARE WELCOME!

_Disconnector_

Mechanicsville.... oddly appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
SkullFarmer,

WV isn't too far away . . . are ya coming?

Disconnector

BTW, Saigaswithcher has been added to the list at DotNutz.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Alas, if I had anything to build...

I'm probably going to become unemployed at the end of the year, so no major projects other than a couple of re-fanging jobs on my SA-M7 and STG-58. Not even sure when I'll be able to get to those. I'll probably just acquire the parts and see what happens from there.

Thanks for the invite, though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad the party is not here in UT... Would love to learn from you guys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a little reminder . . . if you're coming from afar I will have two spare bedrooms, a living room floor, and about an acre of camping space available.

The wife and little one are going to be out of town for this . . .

Just a thought,

Disconnector

BTW, UT is a long frickin' way.  But, if you start walking now, you might make it by the 30th
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Some day when I am rich... You guys ought to come out here to do some shooting... Thousands of miles of desert and mountains open to shooting... All the jack rabbit and coyote hunting  you could want (no hunting permit needed).  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Would this be the proper place to bring my already assembled AKs to get help installing new triggers?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
No problem LHD . . . you could also learn something about the construction of AK's.  Heck, get a kit and a flat and we'll help ya build it up!

Hell, if you're local shoot me an email and I'll drop your trigger in before then.  Nothing worse than a long wait

My email addy is disconnectorATgmail.com

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome.  I'm itching to install some triggers in my romanian guns.  I guess I better go order some triggers.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn you are over 6 hours away from me. That sucks I would have liked to come and build something. Are you guys even going to be able to do blueing and all that crap? And harden the receivers?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, man, I live just across the big bridge down by Rte. 10! Maybe I can tear myself away from yard work long enough to stop by and lend a hand, although I have no need to build anything. I do have a barrel-threading set-up if anybody's interested.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Do you have a come-along or a winch or something to help me drag my stock out of my seak?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top