Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:14:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 7:17:15 PM EDT by GoodOlDave]
After I took my PSL to the range I was annoyed to find out that not even after 15 days the illuminator on my POSP 8x scope stopped working. It's a great scope and I didn't want to send it back to Kalinka Optics over something so trivial, but I paid for the option so damned STRAIGHTit'd better be working on a new scope, and I wanted to get it back. SO, after a little bit of digging I found the website of the manufacturer, and lo and behold it has a diagnostics page-

http://www.posp.ru/il-rep.html

The three main problems the PSOP scopes have are a) dead batteries, b) dead LED, c) bad electrical connection somewhere usually caused by oxydization. I checked the batteries and the LED by the web site's recommended methods and they were both fine, so I followed the sites's advice on checking the electical connections and I got it working again! It turned out that the contacts on the LED bulb were dirty so after unscrewing and screwing it back in repeatedly, it cleaned the contacts and repaired the electrical circuit.

I've been hearing that other people here have been having similar issues with their POSP scopes, so I'd thought I'd post this info and maybe save my fellow nightstalkers here some aggravation..

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:12:06 AM EDT
As of yet, no issues on mine but thanks for the tip if it should ever happen!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:35:03 AM EDT
I agree.

I never understood the battery drain on the batteries when not in use.

A circuit is either opened or closed, so how does the drain occur so fast in POSP scopes?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:59:07 AM EDT
Tag and GOOD info. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:59:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mach1:
I agree.

I never understood the battery drain on the batteries when not in use.

A circuit is either opened or closed, so how does the drain occur so fast in POSP scopes?

I have no battery drain issues in any of my PSOs or POSPs. My batteries last a long, long time (over a year with typical usage). I use only lithiums where possible, don't know if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:05:39 AM EDT
I was wondering if a lithium battery would make a difference- all I can find locally are silver oxide.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:12:20 AM EDT
I've had the switch on mine stick on due to the wiring. Ran down 2 sets of batteries before I figured it out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:17:00 PM EDT
Same thing happened on my 8x scope from Kalinka.
Top Top