Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 1:16:29 PM EDT
This weekend i was out shooting wth a buddy of mine.  I brought along my Maadi, to ad to the fun.  I had been shooting it on and off during the course of the day.  Then at one point i picked it up and began firing, about half way through the mag,  I pull the trigger and hear "Click".  So i drop the mag, rack the slide, re insert the mag, load a round, when i pull the trigger i get the same "click".  Not thinking much of it i put it aside.  Later that evening while cleaning it, to my amazement i see that there is No firing pin, its gone, and there wasn't even a piece of it left n the recevier, or anywhere.   Has this happened to anyony else?   I've never heard of this happening.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the retaing pin still in the bolt?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
maybe  part of your pin is in one of your mags perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm gonna sound like a real noob, but i'm not sure which pin, is the retaining pin.  and no it wasn't n one of the mags, i looked.  I'm mystified.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
There are two retaining pins on an AK bolt, one which goes diagonally to keep the extractor on, the other which goes horizontally to keep the firing pin in.  You should see the two little holes for it on your bolt.  If the pin is in there, you'll see it, and the firing pin should be there.  Here's a link that shows how to disassemble the bolt, and explains where the retaining pins are.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/boltdis.htm
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone else had a firing pin break on them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes , Chinese. While the AK is rugged, it is man made. Any part of it could fail at any given time. But normally you get good life out of them. I personally have broken an extractor spring and extractor, Chinese and Bulgie. Just keep a spare or too and your good to go.  WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top