Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:04:09 PM EDT
Does anybody know where on the BATF website I can find info about bringing 1 AK magazine back from overseas? I looked but could find nothing. I remembered seeing a post about it, but I cannot find it. My internet-searching Fu is weak...
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:14:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:16:46 PM EDT
+1 on what Templar said,stash it in your checked luggage and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:43:19 AM EDT
I'm bringing back a 30 round AK mag from Kuwait. The mag was used by bodyguards in Iraq. The place we rented our car from over here said the previous renter complained because he found 2 bullet holes in the car and the magazine stuffed under the seat. The rental agent offered the clip to me, so now it's going into my safe. I might try to dig up a few more, but that depends on how much time I have.
I appreciate your response.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:37:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:39:45 AM EDT
whats the option of mailing that stuff now a days? I remember mailing a sit load of stuff when I was over there last.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:00:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SIMPLYDYNAMIC:
whats the option of mailing that stuff now a days? I remember mailing a sit load of stuff when I was over there last.

From downrange, it will not make it.. Both US and Iraqi customs checks outgoing US Mil mail.

While you are perfectly legal on this end, I honestly would not bother with it.. It might create hassles for you when leaving, or in transit.. Some countries consider any firearms parts illegal, or an AK-47 magazine to be some defense article, etc... While you might clear it up in the end, its not really worth a $10 magazine.
Top Top