Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 2:21:19 PM EDT
I want to add the 74 brake to my SAR-2, but k-var is out of threaded FSBs.  Should I go ahead and thread the barrel and use the adapter, or just wait and see if they get them in?  Would rather be the purist (at least as much as I can here) and just wait, but really don't know when they will arrive.  Anyone know of another place to get them?

Also, how hard is it to actually thread a barrel?  I have read the instructions to do it, but is it easy (reading and doing are two different things...)?  Can I damage the barrel?  Any pitfalls by me doing it?  I am going to thread the SAR-1's barrel.  Just looking for some good advice.

Thanks - Shon
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you thread the barrel, you'll have to weld the brake on. Since threaded barrels are not allowed under the AWB.

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
You can purchase a 22mm slip on adapter and spot weld it to the FSB. Therefore, the FSB is threaded and not the barrel. Jayson at investmentgradefirearms.com sells them. He offers two versions, one that is threaded, and one that has a smooth bore. I purchased a smooth bore one and had to open it up a little with an adjustable reamer. He has them a little small because of the variotions in barrel diameter.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top