Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/7/2005 2:13:12 PM EDT
Did I just wast 60 bucks.  I just bought the gun and clips.  It takes metal clips no problem just not the wafffle.  I got these at the gun show which is puuling out right now.  Fuck I hate being fucked!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
first off, it is a magazine, not a "clip".  clips are what you feed an SKS with from the top, or a Garand.  magazines are what an AK uses.

now are these bulgarian waffle mags?  or are they the new MADE IN THE USA ones?

and just to clarify, unless you have a Saiga shotgun then you have a rifled barrel and therefore have a Rifle, not a Gun
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
did you buy a wsar and the mag well is just not wide enough? thats an easy fix.
dont worry abut it, you'll have it fixed and you'll have 3 nice mags(assuming they aren't crapco) for your gun.

this might have an answer for you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
dont worry abut it, you'll have it fixed and you'll have 3 nice mags(assuming they aren't crapco) for your gun.

The GUN or rifle is an ssr85c built by Armory USA, the clips or magazines seem to be to large.  It does not say where the magazines where produced.  I have 4 metal 30rd that work fine.

Redhorsemen there no reason to be an asshole, are you just trying to top off my great mood of spending 60 bucks on junk.  Thanks but no thanks.  Last I looked this is a online forum for helping people like me not a head bunting contest.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I was attempting to help you not sound like an idiot, but if that is how you wish to live your life, by all means carry on
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, I really don't think he was trying to pour any salt in an open wound.  

Can you post some pics of the offending mags and perhaps the rifle?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The GUN or rifle is an ssr85c built by Armory USA, the clips or magazines seem to be to large.  It does not say where the magazines where produced.  I have 4 metal 30rd that work fine.

Redhorsemen there no reason to be an asshole, are you just trying to top off my great mood of spending 60 bucks on junk.  Thanks but no thanks.  Last I looked this is a online forum for helping people like me not a head bunting contest.  

either way, the option of the mag well being too closed is still there. if the magazines aren't fitting, the option i provided may still very well be a good one.
is there a 10 with a circle around it at the bottom of the mags?

the metal magazines are a good bit thinner than the poly waffle mags, so that is to be expected that they will fit and the others wont. i would look on the inside with a flashlight and see if you can find a small "c" or anything. i have no idea where the compliant markings are on the tapco waffle mags. so just take them apart and poke around. find out what you got.  did the guy say they were bulgarian or what did he say? did it just say "waffle magazines"?

i seriously doubt horseman was trying to be a jerk, hes always very helpful, like he said, he was trying to correct you on termonology so you sound more informed about the subject. gun loonies tend to be picky about the mag/clip thing for some reason, doesn't bug me personally, but it does some people.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

either way, the option of the mag well being too closed is still there. if the magazines aren't fitting, the option i provided may still very well be a good one.
is there a 10 with a circle around it at the bottom of the mags?

i seriously doubt horseman was trying to be a jerk, hes always very helpful, like he said, he was trying to correct you on termonology so you sound more informed about the subject. gun loonies tend to be picky about the mag/clip thing for some reason, doesn't bug me personally, but it does some people.

****TANGENT ALERT TANGET ALERT****

I have a WASR10 that I used a hand file on the magwell, A while back, to get steel mags to work correctly.

I recently got my hands on a dremel and cleaned up the magwell even further.  Using the link you listed, I'm now able to get Polish polymer mags (non-waffle) into it but I still can't get Bulgarian Waffles to lock in. Seems the front of the bulgy mag is too wide. I have a feeling that it is not just the well but is actually the front trunion (not sure is that is the correct term, part where mag locks into the gun under the barrel, not part of the receiver) is too tight.

My SAR-1 and SLR95 work fine with Bulgy waffle mags but the the WASR10 is a no-go at this juncture.

Back on track, I feel for you 94slug. I'd hold onto to them it I were you, if you are like most of us, this wont be your only AK. In my experience steel mags are the way to go. I would consider this as a $60 learning experience. AK's are great guns but each gun can be a little different.

If I hade $60 in my pocket, I'd offer to take them off your hands, unfortunately I don't. If you are interested I will even trade one steel Polish mag for one waffle.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
and just to clarify, unless you have a Saiga shotgun then you have a rifled barrel and therefore have a Rifle, not a Gun

Please let me help you out on the definition of a gun.

Gun: Muskets, rifles, carbines, and fowling pieces are smaller guns, for hand use, and are called small arms.  Larger guns are called cannon, ordnance, fieldpieces, carronades, howitzers, etc.

Rifle: a shoulder firearm with a long barrel and a rifled bore

Firearm: a portable gun

So a rifle is a gun and a gun may be a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Rifle: a shoulder firearm with a long barrel and a rifled bore

does this not define an AK?

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Oooh goody a good ole AR15.com pissing contest. Let me go grab another beer so I can follow along.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#11]

gun    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (gn)
n.
1 A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.
2 A cannon with a long barrel and a relatively low angle of fire.
3 A portable firearm, such as a rifle or revolver.
4 A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed.

Three out of four definitions of gun also describes an AK.

Geez what am I doing... who cares lol
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oooh goody a good ole AR15.com pissing contest. Let me go grab another beer so I can follow along.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Funny%20stuff/wrongforum.jpg
Guys, I swear if you can't get along I'm turning this thread right around and we're going back home!  Take it easy.  If you feel the need to get into a pissing contest then take it to Ed's Bear Pit.

www.ak47.net/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=130

This is the Darkside, where we DON'T get into pissing contests.

That's all.

94slug, make sure that the magazines are Bulgarian, look for the Circle 10 on the side.  Your magwell might be a smidge tight if they are Bulgarian and don't want to work well.  

4 REAL! That got ugly real quick!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Hehehe lighten up guys...

I am all for rifle = gun but the clip thing does indeed bug me! Especially if you have a Garand, or stripper clip fed weapon!

1944 WWII European front:  "Hey man, I'm out  throw me a clip!!!"

2005 Detroit east side: "Hey bitch, I'm out  throw me a clip!!!"

see the difference?

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#16]
lol. thats good for a laugh.
although... it doesn't feel right without the phrase "dawg" being in it somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I cant find a circle 10.  After searching a little I see that these are American built and not as goodhat, kind of want a full size.  

Thanks for the help people

Bill
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#18]
well, its a pity they're the american ones, the american made mags aren't as good quality. i would try and pawn them off if you can, mistakes happen. sell them and buy some circle 10 bugly mags while you can. dremeling the rifle is basically how to fix a tight mag well, only way i know of anyway. take some of the metal off that makes it tight. i would order some circle 10 bulgies and try and see if those fit, if they do. no worries- if not, adjust the mag well so that they do.

i also support the "buy another AK" option.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Can you take or send those mags back?  While I have never tried them myself (and won't), I've heard nothing but bad things about those US made AK mags.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Is the floorplate plastic or metal?

Plastic = USA
Metal = Bulgy/Polish

The us made ones (promag's) aren't bad, and they do work.. but I like the original military ones better.....

On the other hand, the Promag ones are 3 easy US PARTS.
Basically a tapco FCG and a Promag = LEGAL GUN
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought 5 of the mags like you describe and not one of them fit my AK's the back shoulders on the mags needs to be sanded down in order for them to work. They are the made in the U.S. mags. I posted a thread about this on Gunco awhile back.

When trying to insert the mag you'll see where they need modified to work.

I bought mine on Gunbroker as genuine Bulgarian waffle mags "NOT"
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys, I swear if you can't get along I'm turning this thread right around and we're going back home!  Take it easy.  If you feel the need to get into a pissing contest then take it to Ed's Bear Pit.

www.ak47.net/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=130

This is the Darkside, where we DON'T get into pissing contests.

That's all.

94slug, make sure that the magazines are Bulgarian, look for the Circle 10 on the side.  Your magwell might be a smidge tight if they are Bulgarian and don't want to work well.  

I was gonna say the same. This aint the General Discussion forum, take those crappy attitudes somewhere else. "Turn that frown upside down." Us darkside members try to help each other out not piss on each other.

Going back to the mag, the offer stands on the trade. I would like to try one of those American waffles. I don't want all of them but I would trade you one for one. We both pay to ship to the other guy. If I were you, I'd rather take a dremmel to the mag instead of to the gun, especially that gun!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Well that sucks i was had. I dont feel right pawning them off on someone else to only have the same problem.  60 buck learning exp, as the gun I should have researched the magazines.  Oh well, I will just leave them around until I have a aak they will work in.  

I will sell all 3 for 40 bucks if anyone would want themWho makes these then, I would to tell the company how shitty the design is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]
i'd take his offer on a trade, sounds like an easy way to get back some of that money.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well that sucks i was had. I dont feel right pawning them off on someone else to only have the same problem.  60 buck learning exp, as the gun I should have researched the magazines.  Oh well, I will just leave them around until I have a aak they will work in.  

I will sell all 3 for 40 bucks if anyone would want them.

Who makes these then, I would to tell the company how shitty the design is.

THey are made by pro-mag.

Maybe try to modify the mags till they fit.  Just take a file to them.  ONce they fit, they just might work.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't worry-with an Armory USA rifle, even if the mags fit, the gun will still fail to feed once you go to shoot it.  so who cares if the mags fit properly or not??
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#27]
global/armory is a pos company, your mag well is out of spec. I live down the street from them and had to return mine because teh Bbl was canted. they tried to give me two or three more and when I checked them and showed them, all the fucking Bbls were canted, so they made me one out of their new reciever, well they didnt heat treat it right and when I took it to a Houston shoot the ejector mushroomed after three mags
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
global/armory is a pos company, your mag well is out of spec. I live down the street from them and had to return mine because teh Bbl was canted. they tried to give me two or three more and when I checked them and showed them, all the fucking Bbls were canted, so they made me one out of their new reciever, well they didnt heat treat it right and when I took it to a Houston shoot the ejector mushroomed after three magshinking.gif

Oh that sounds wonderful.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Don't worry-with an Armory USA rifle, even if the mags fit, the gun will still fail to feed once you go to shoot it.  so who cares if the mags fit properly or not??

Great> I will let you know in about two days if that the truth.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Fitting mags is nothing new. Ive had to do minor filing on most mags including Russian, Bulgarian,
Romanian.

Just file down/thin the mag catch lip on the mag that locks down. Ive bought used Bulgy waffles that have been REAL tight to fit in both my AKs, I just had to sit infront of the tv and work them in and out. I prefer not to go about filing around my magwells, unless you have the burs from Century Wasrs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it's like mine, then it will not feed hallow points.

Here's a dumb question (don't take this the wrong way):

What caliber is the gun, and what caliber round are the mags for? Are you sure that you didn't get 7.62 mags for a 5.45 gun?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What caliber is the gun, and what caliber round are the mags for? Are you sure that you didn't get 7.62 mags for a 5.45 gun?

Are these holy bullets or something? Blessed by a priest? If so they probably ought not be shot, stickem next to a Bible and wait for the turban clad guys to swarm over the hills.

ben
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are corrct cal..I will just have to do some mods..
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Remember the golden rule. Always modify the cheapest part. Don't modify the gun, file the mags until they fit. This is not a big deal. Next time do some research before you buy and you won't get stuck with crap mags.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I have the same rifle and the Bulgarian waffle mags are the best fitting in my SSR 85 C2.   We all buy bad pieces it happens.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#36]
See, if you would have come here first and asked some questions of TheRedHorseman you would have never bought that POS Global Trades boat anchor and got hosed at $20.00 a pop for those POS fake Bulgarian Pro-clips.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't let it get to you 94slug. Most of us have had our share of firearms problems, that is how you learn.

It takes alot more balls to ask for help then to sit at a keyboard and rip on someone.

good luck

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I bought mine on Gunbroker as genuine Bulgarian waffle mags "NOT"

If you remember the seller's gunbroker user name that you bought from, you should post it here for all to see, so everyone knows what they're getting into with that seller.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I have Bulgarian Waffle mags I had to file down to fit my Vector, And I had to file down a lil on my Chi-com 75 round drum too. Dont fell bad.Oh and I paid $120 for the Drum imagine taking a file to that.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top