Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 5:48:27 PM EDT
For my SAR-1...I know these ain't everyones cup of tea, but they were to clean to pass up. Probably paid to much, but what the heck.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=10138700
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, what am I doing wrong on here? All the others forums you can paste and no problems!?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
[ url] your url you want to post[ /url]
Take out the spaces  between the first bracket and url and  /url
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a set on one of my SA-85's (yeah they look cheap) but I actually like them.  They are comfortable, and the bakelight handguards (couldn't tell if you got wood or bakelite) actually protect from heat.

The shade of brown would look great on a desert tan AK.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
These are also available from AA-OK
www.aa-ok.com/AK_Stocks/stock.html
Wood lower handguards if you want your AK to look like a early style E.G. AKM
www.aa-ok.com/Handguards_-_Lower/Handguards_-_Lower.htm

If you got the E.G. AKM style buttstock with the smooth buttplate and 1" sling swivel, you can easily replace the 1" swivel with a 1 1/4" AK swivel so you can use a 1 1/4" sling more easily.

You can also get a East German AK74 ribbed buttplate to replace the smooth one from Northridge
northridgeinc.com/ak47_sks.htm

Northridge also has the E.G. plastic stock sets as well
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
$42 not bad if that's what you were looking for. I paid about $80 for a complete US made extended length OD green stock set from KVAR.

www.k-varcorp.com/

I think these SAR rifles require a US made pistol grip to be used in the US parts count. Though I really don't thing there is a parts count police checking out guns on the range.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, thats one idiotic law. Like it lowers the guns lethality any because of what grip is on it!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Heck they looked pretty good. Being there is no more east germany they have a mstic to them. Might grab a set also for a rainy day.By the way NRAJOE I was outside of Heilbronn Germany .I was stationed in Neckursan Germany. I served with 4/9 Field Artillery ( Pershing II ) ( NUKES ). I was there in 1985-1987 . Glad to see someone from there...:) Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the E. German sets.  I ususally paint them OD, or give them the bedliner treatment.  Maybe I will get adventurous and try my hand at cammo patterns.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top