Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:40:41 AM EDT
Was hoping one of you wonderful guys can help me decipher my problem with my ak-47(polish).  I built it from parts.  I took it out to the range for the first time yesterday, and to my dismay it did several weird things.  First time I fired, the action closed all the way but apparently it did not open far enough to expend the case or recock the hammer.  I chambered another round and this time the bolt was left about half way open trying to feed a round, but the case was ejected.  I tried different mags, ammo, about 10 more times with pretty much the same result each time.  Either the next round didn't feed, or the bolt didn't go back far enough to recock the hammer in the first place as well as not ejecting the spent case.   Is this maybe a gas problem, or should I look to the recoil spring?  I've tried to get as far as I can without help w/ my first build, but I think it's time I ask the experts.  Thank God for this site
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If you didn't put the recoil spring in backwards, then it sure sounds like a gas problem to me.

What did/didn't you lube, for starters?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]
actually got it worked out.  was sent full auto f.c.g in my parts kit and so i had an extra part (auto sear, hammer delay arm) and it was causing the carrier to bind when firing.  works great now but thanks
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top