Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2005 1:26:53 PM EDT
  I have a romanian parts kit put into a armoury usa 1.6mm reciever and im having some trouble with the bolt sticking.  I have the G2 fire control group in there too.  The bolt seems to hang first when i pull it all the way back to the buffer it will just stay. With slight pressure it will go forward a little more to almost inline with the reciever support pin just over the mag release.  A little pressure again and it will fall home and close.  I havent taken it to the range yet but would like to try to fix it if there is a problem before i go there because the range is 45 min away.  I would be really annoyed if i drove all the way there just for it to jam.  If i just pull it back and release it like it were firing it will not hang because i guess there is enough force to push it past.  It just hangs when i pull it slow.  So basically is this a problem or not and what can i try to do to fix it if it is.  Thanks, Major

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
it should be fine. its probably hanging in the place upper rail is slotted for removing carrier.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
That is common.  It will probably wear in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]
 You mentioned a buffer.  Aftermarket recoil buffer?  Removing that would be a good first step if the rifle doesn't function flawless.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I too have a 1.6 armory USA receiver. I used it on my Bulgy AK74 build. when I first got it I pulled it out of the box and tried to fit the bolt carrier into it. it was tight,rear to front. then I read the paper work they sent with the receiver on how to dremel the underside of the top lip of the receiver, to remove a little material as to match a 1mm reciever thickness that the bolt was meant to ride through. after completion It was still a little tight,locking up on the hammer alittle(as dicussed above) but after 100 rnds. she works like my other AK's hope this helps. by the way, the 1.6 is a nice receiver but FYI if I had to do again I would just go with the 1mm. I had to machine the front trunnion,rear trunnion, and stock to fit the thicker receiver.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent advice on the LIGHT trimming the undersides of the rail with a dremel!

Helped me out!

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top