Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:06:48 AM EDT
I've got a PSL, put about 130 rds. through it so far and started looking it over when I ran across something different. Out of all my guns I have never seen this. On the bolt face I have a small circular indention. I looks like it is the outline of the pocket the primer sits in. Head space issues? Or is that a normal occurance and I've been lucky with all my other guns. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a pressure sign.  Do you have a pic?

Blown any primers?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you using heavy grain bullets? Read this: PSL Ammo Page
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the bolt face on my Bulgarian AKS-74.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll have to see if I can get some pics up. I mainly shoot cz. silver tip or wolf 148. I have shot about 30 rounds of 147 grn albanian. I know I shouldn't shoot albanian thats why I'm not doing that anymore. I also notice that the primers are recessed on the albanian and not the others. Hasn't blown any primers yet. I was just curious if anybody else has run across this and if it was a major concern where I should send the gun back. I also need to get a buffer before I go back out. Doesn't kick bad but some how I got a nice little ding in the back of my dust cover. Which I dont understand because it doesn't look like the bolt carrier will go far enough back to hit the dust cover.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Do yall see the light circle on the bolt face of joe buds pic. On the outside edge of the light circle is a goove on mine. I'd say probably as deep as one maybe two pieces of paper. and it only goes about 2/3 around.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like you might have had a primer give out and cut the bolt face a bit, my FAL has the same problem, along with a couple other cuts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is the bolt face on my Bulgarian AKS-74.
home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/pictures/boltface.jpg

Headspace issue?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, make sure you're cleaning the bolt face well enough. Make sure you get the corrosive residues off of it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#9]
BTW, My garand has exactly what you describe right from the CMP. I don't think it's a problem though.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Good deal, I've been cleaning the hell out of it within 1hr of shoothing. But I'll take it a step farther and clean the bolt more. I normally hose it down with windex and let it sit then rinse with clp or break cleaner, then lube. And I'll make sure I don't use shit ammo anymore.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Also, make sure you're cleaning the bolt face well enough. Make sure you get the corrosive residues off of it.

Don't forget to follow up and clean it again the next day,the shit ammo is ok,just follow a good cleaning regiment.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top