Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2007 10:57:15 AM EDT
Hey guys and gals,

I've been seeing "bolt hold open mags" on the EE and was wondering if there is something I should know about them before I buy them?

Thanks!

Riese
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
they're cool? nothing to know, its just another stainless mag, except it holds the bolt back on the last shot so you dont dry fire it. they're pretty cool. i like them
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, they can definitely be useful.  They are also great for making those pesky range officers happy who like to see the actions open when someone has to go downrange.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Stainless mag????????

I like the Yugo BHO mags myself.
I did get pissed at a Lady RO last year when she grabbed my rifle as she was inspecting them for empty chambers as the range went cold. I had it laying there with the bolt back and the chamber open to see. Not good enough for her. She grabbed it and took the mag out and damn near dropped the gun when the bolt flew forward. Then she got pissed at me and told me that bolt needs to stay open and NO mags in the weapon so she can inspect it easier. I tried to tell her the BHO device is BUILT INTO the mag but she already had her pea brain made up about it. I got her supervisor over to teach her about them (She was new.) She gave me a dirty look as he walked off and then said that all the AKs she'd handled you could get the bolt to stay back if you brought it back carefully. I told her that just meant the bolt was too close to the hammer and it wasn't fitted correctly. (Tapco flat builds??? ) And wouldn't it just scare the crap out of people if you had a bolt suddenly fly closed on it's own while we were all downrange changing targets? I suggested she just rack the slide open and inspect chamber and then let it go forward and safe the rifle. That IS an inspection isn't it? Hell, I thought she'd appreciate the BHO mags.
I sure hope when I go back to that outdoor range come Spring she's calmed down some if she's still there.

Yugo BHO mags are great in my book! I like knowing when that last round has gone down range.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top