Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:58:37 PM EDT
My Norinco 56s-1 underfolder has a Blued Bolt Carrier & Charging Handling.

Are these Military Specs. If you have one or Info, lets see it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 5:10:46 PM EDT by Mak]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:22:39 AM EDT
Yes , I have 3 Norinco 56s. One of my 56s has a "in the white" bolt and carrier (just like in your picture). The other 2 have blued bolt carriers. One is a underfolder the other is a fixed stock. On both Norincos the bolts are blued purple and the bolt carriers are blued black. All of the serial #'s are matching so it is not a matter of mixed parts.

I think this is pretty cool because I have never seen this before. Let me know if your bolts are blued a purple color. I have asked about this before and did not get much info on the subject.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:16:17 PM EDT
Spartan28,

My 56s-1 has a Blued Purple Bolt & Carrier.

I was told by a Ex-Special Forces Officer at the range today that it is a Military Specs. rifle.

He stated that my rifle was slated to be used by someone's military. However, ended up being made Semi-auto for commercial sales. He said it still would be used by Military unit somewhere because of the Blued Purple Bolt & Charging Handle; and Quality.

He stated that the Blued Purple Bolt & Charging Handle is to prevent Moonlight/night & Light Glare. The Glare would give the enemy your Torsal postion away. An almost easy upperbody kill.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:22:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By spartan28:
Yes , I have 3 Norinco 56s. One of my 56s has a "in the white" bolt and carrier (just like in your picture). The other 2 have blued bolt carriers. One is a underfolder the other is a fixed stock. On both Norincos the bolts are blued purple and the bolt carriers are blued black. All of the serial #'s are matching so it is not a matter of mixed parts.

I think this is pretty cool because I have never seen this before. Let me know if your bolts are blued a purple color. I have asked about this before and did not get much info on the subject.

My Norinco also has a blued carrier, and purple bolt. I didn't know what to think when I first stripped it down and saw a purple bolt. Now I like it!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:47:02 AM EDT
I looked at both my bolt carriers in better light and it IS a very dark purple not black. The Bolt itself is a very obvious Purple .

Interesting info on that. If these were Mil spec would'nt the bolt carriers be FA carriers? Mine looks like a semi bolt carrier. I do see mine have FA disconectors but the bolt carriers do not look to be FA, maybe I am wrong?
Top Top