Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/27/2013 12:03:45 PM EDT
I recently grabbed a new unfired Norinco 56s with the purple bolt not the carrier the bolt only . Is there anything reason it's a different color? All the numbers match and this gun is a bute. Just don't know much about it. Is it collectible? Should I shoot it? If I refinish the wood in blood red will it lower the value?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently grabbed a new unfired Norinco 56s with the purple bolt not the carrier the bolt only . Is there anything reason it's a different color? All the numbers match and this gun is a bute. Just don't know much about it. Is it collectible? Should I shoot it? If I refinish the wood in blood red will it lower the value?
View Quote

Some came that way. Collectible, all pre-ban Chinese stuff are. Shoot it? Hell yes. Wood refinish? Sure. It's not gonna affect the value much. Original Chinese furniture are still readily available. Just don't start drilling holes and adding other shit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's just from the bluing. Could be a batch of salts that were going bad or the composition/hardness of the steel in the bolt. Happens to a lot of guns; it's not collectable because of it. However, staining the wood different from factory will lower its collector value. I would suggest getting another set of Chinese wood to stain and keep the original.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top