Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 2:50:02 PM EDT
if i put a BFA on, then my rifle is illegal then? or is it? because im shooting blanks and its not readily adaptable to shoot live ammo since you cant fire through a BFA. and if someone says it IS, then its not REALLY since i have my US made slant brake with me.

this probably sounds stupid but its something i thought of while taking a dump and looking at the centerfire systems catalog.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
if i put a BFA on, then my rifle is illegal then? or is it? because im shooting blanks and its not readily adaptable to shoot live ammo since you cant fire through a BFA. and if someone says it IS, then its not REALLY since i have my US made slant brake with me.

this probably sounds stupid but its something i thought of while taking a dump and looking at the centerfire systems catalog.

Good thing you weren't reading Penthouse...............

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
it will be a compliance issue if you need a us brake to meet 922 count. if you still have 6 us parts w/ the BFA it is no problem. and don't tell us where you are reading anymore, please.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Having your slant brake in your pocket doesn't matter if the muzzle attachment on the weapon is from the wrong country.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel sorry with guys using US mags as 922(r) compliance.  I've no doubt an ATF agent is waiting in the darkness ready to pounce on unsuspecting gun owners at the shooting range between mag changes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I feel sorry with guys using US mags as 922(r) compliance.  I've no doubt an ATF agent is waiting in the darkness ready to pounce on unsuspecting gun owners at the shooting range between mag changes.

especially if someone wants to shoot it and puts non-us mags in.

i think brake/piston/FCG is the easiest.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
My SGL31 will be sporting Russian furniture in a week or so, I ended up going with US followers and floorplates to keep from messing with the gas piston.  I only keep 6 mags per rifle I own, so it's not a big deal like if I had 30 mags like some guys.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Or, cut the back off of a spent cartridge, file the remainder of the case walls off, screw it down under the slant brake with the primer pointing out, and using a blank, shoot the primer out into the dirt.  You now have a "hollywood" blank adapter.

Not your question but if you are playing with blanks it might be useful to know :)

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or, cut the back off of a spent cartridge, file the remainder of the case walls off, screw it down under the slant brake with the primer pointing out, and using a blank, shoot the primer out into the dirt.  You now have a "hollywood" blank adapter.

Not your question but if you are playing with blanks it might be useful to know :)

HMMMMMMM

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or, mill down and thread a blank adapter to accept a suppressor mount, carefully weld them together, and now
you have a QD AK-74 suppressor mount...

-urban
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top