Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/8/2005 10:12:22 AM EDT
Guys, my build is ON THE WAY TO ME!!!!Was shipped Friday....

YUGO STRAIGHT STOCK WITH RPK REC AND BLUED FINISH !!!!
Matt at Blackwell Industries has built it for me.................and I get to have the VERY FIRST ONE he has built with straight stocks and RPK receiver!!!!

It has the correct RPK receiver, and I think they are the first to have finished ones available. These guys are GREAT to deal with and was built in less that a month !! (2 weeks of which were shipping, I am in NC, he in WA)

I will have some pics as soon as it arrives. But  I am having it blued so the finished product will be a couple more weeks. Wanted it to be authentic. He only does the Gunkote right now but bluing is to follow.

To be continued..............................
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I was acutally looking at the Blackwell Yugo AK's at a gun show last weekend.  Nice bunch of guys.  Good looking builds.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta have pics!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Patience Grasshopper!!!!

Quoted:
Gotta have pics!!

Link Posted: 6/8/2005 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Patience Grasshopper!!!!

Quoted:
Gotta have pics!!

What did they use for compliance parts?
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Rec, slant brake, my FCG, piston rod. I guess that is all.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was just curious because ordered some of my Yugo grips and mentioned having interest in bunch more.
ETA Cant wait to see the pics
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you the one supplying them the Yugo pistol grips?

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just curious because ordered some of my Yugo grips and mentioned having interest in bunch more.

Link Posted: 6/8/2005 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No but I wish I where. I sold them a few just recently but they mentioned needing 40-50. Im not supplying them with any parts but if their wanting 40-50 of them I wouldnt mind taking the order Im not connected to them in anyway I was just curious what they where using for U.S. Parts.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
OK............Matt asked me if I wanted to use 1 of your grips on my build was why I was asking. I wanted to use the original. Wasn't aware anyone was making grips at that time.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sold them four just recently but they mentioned needing 40-50. Im not supplying them with anyparts but if their wanting 40-50 of them I wouldnt mind taking the order Im not connected to them at all I was just curious what they where using for U.S. Parts.

Link Posted: 6/8/2005 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]
They have a well made correct Yugo-RPK receiver with the front bulges. They are available now for $75.00. I believe they are the first to offer a 100% complete RPK receiver. Never heard anything out of FAC.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They have a well made correct Yugo-RPK receiver with the front bulges. They are available now for $75.00. I believe they are the first to offer a 100% complete RPK receiver. Never heard anything out of FAC.

Do you know who they are getting their receivers from? CWToyota?
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do you know who they are getting their receivers from? CWToyota?

Yup, that is what they told me at the gun show.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a link for this place, and do they have the Underfolder Recievers?
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep.........I am sending him my underfolder kit next week.
I think the receivers are Green something?? Who is CW Toyota?

Blackwell Industries

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/9/2005 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
greenlightarms.com is the source of the 100% Yugo receivers. I haven't seen a comprehensive review of the reciever yet, but DrugRunR and the folks at Red Jacket Arms have said great things about these.
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yep.........I am sending him my underfolder kit next week.
I think the receivers are Green something?? Who is CW Toyota?

Blackwell Industries

Quoted:

Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope mine shows up TODAY!!!!  Come on Brown Truck don't let me down!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#18]
FWIW, I'm very happy with my Yugo receiver from those guys, Eric at Blackwell put me in touch with Greenlight and got me a receiver prior to my move.  It looks to be a high-quality receiver to my novice's eye, thick like the Global 1.6mm.

Now, to send it to them for a build...
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey guys! new to these boards.
The Yugo is a fantastic AK.
Anxious to see how the Blackwell build turns out.
I'd built an M70 B1 on a Coldsteel blank last month.
Lot's of work, but very satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#20]
OK...............The brown truck let me DOWN!!!
So I guess it will be Tuesday before I can get pictures of it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I GOT IT...I GOT IT...I GOT IT !!!!
Now I gotta get it blued!!!!
Work looks great!!! Blackwell done a heck of a job.
Matching serial number and Yugo fire select markings to boot !!!

More pics to come when its finished...............................
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I need one of those.
Looks awesome by the way! Good job!
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I was looking at the guy's from Blackwells stuff at the show Saturday also and all I've got to say is WOW! They do awesome work. I love their FALs and HKs. They had an RPK build that was fabulous. Whenever I get cocky and start thinking I'm a good builder (7 done, working on three more), I realize I still have a ways to go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#24]
That's kickass. I may have to build up a fixed stock yugo pretty soon.

I noticed you have a different selector lever than what I have. I wonder now if my selector is even a yugo one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Mr Krink

Glad you are happy, that rifle will look great blued. please send photos

We have done several rifles on Greenlight arms rec'rs, and we have had ZERO problems.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Matt

BTW, that rifle was the first  Greenlight rec'r Yugo of any type built in the USA

Link Posted: 6/14/2005 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Wooo Hooo!!
I GOT THE FIRST ONE....I GOT THE FIRST ONE !!
Thanks Matt it is GREAT !!! Will be sending you my underfolder soon.

Quoted:
Mr Krink

Glad you are happy, that rifle will look great blued. please send photos

We have done several rifles on Greenlight arms rec'rs, and we have had ZERO problems.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Matt

BTW, that rifle was the first  Greenlight rec'r Yugo of any type built in the USA

Link Posted: 6/14/2005 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Pics look sweet. Whats a build like that run if you dont mind me asking.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks Great, I have my reciever on order right now
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Pics look sweet. Whats a build like that run if you dont mind me asking.hr

Hi DukeRyan,
For a standard AK47 build w/o finish is $175

you can find all our prices at BlackWell Industries
our lead time is 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks for all the interest gents!
Cheers
Eric
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Beautiful work!  Let us know how it shoots.  RTC
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#31]
That rifle looks great. The guys at Blackwell do nice builds.

For a bit of trivia, that is the first rifle built on a production line Greenlight Arms M70 receiver.  The entire first production run of receivers has been shipped out and the next run will be completed soon.

-Chris
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That rifle looks great. The guys at Blackwell do nice builds.

For a bit of trivia, that is the first rifle built on a production line Greenlight Arms M70 receiver.  The entire first production run of receivers has been shipped out and the next run will be completed soon.

-Chris

AND IT'S MINE !!!!

NICE RECEIVER CWTOYOTA MY UNDERFOLDER IS SHIPPING OUT TOO.
Will make a GREAT pair.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Gun went to be blued today !!!!
Said he would have it done by Wednesday!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#35]
OK BOYS HERE IT IS !!!! ALL BLUED AND READY FOR ACTION!
SHOOTS GREAT TOO!!!!

Link Posted: 6/27/2005 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#36]
That looks great!  Nice finish work.
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 3:02:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks great.  How much for the blueing?  Local or does he accept rifles out of state?

Still not sure If I'm going to blue it or park and gunkote it.  hmmmm

Link Posted: 6/28/2005 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Looks great.  How much for the blueing?  Local or does he accept rifles out of state?

Still not sure If I'm going to blue it or park and gunkote it.  hmmmm

He is just local, done it as a favor to me. He mainly only does hunting rifles.
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Nicely done, but the dust cover looks like it should be a little more forward.
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Nicely done, but the dust cover looks like it should be a little more forward.

Nope....It's a perfect fit!!

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#41]
NO it's not a "perfect fit" there is a signifigant gap between the dust cover and the safty lever. There is also daylight showing behind the bolt. And the dust cover to front trunion fit is poor. If its acceptable to you fine. Thanks for posting the pics. Now I know what not to use on my builds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
NO it's not a "perfect fit" there is a signifigant gap between the dust cover and the safty lever. There is also daylight showing behind the bolt. And the dust cover to front trunion fit is poor. If its acceptable to you fine. Thanks for posting the pics. Now I know what not to use on my builds.

Geeeeeeeeez.......Well for those picky people out there............It does cover all those places, NO significant gaps. I didn't have it all the way on! I noticed it after I made the pics.  They are kinda tricky to get on with the spring safety that holds the recoil rod.
Look at the finished pics.......It fits perfectly!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Will update pics soon!! Updated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Where did you get yor kit form it looks good!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Centerfire Systems. I got one of the first ones they had. They still have a little frosting in the bore, nothing major, but because they are not chrome lined. Yugo's didn't have the chroming capability.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Where did you get a US made slant break, what kind of threads do the Yugos have 14mm?  What trigger group did you us the Tapco G2?  Whats the diifernece between sinlge and double hook?  I was wondering because it uses a different receiver would it need a different trigger.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Most everything is the same on a Yugo except the front trunnions. Tapco trigger group works fine. Not sure  where the slant brake came from, the builder may have made it himself. There are a number of sites sell them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys at Blackwell will build from a kit for $175 total?  How about a Polish PMKMS underfolder kit with FULL matching parts?  That's degreasing and everything?  I'm looking at your website now and see $175.  I suppose I'd have it park'd as well so I could get my duracoating to stick well.  I think I may have to send this parts kit off to you...

What receivers do you use?  Could I purchase a Global Trades and have it sent to you?  Lead time is 2-3 weeks?  You mean build time, right?  Or is that really lead time due to you ordering receivers?  

What is 44m357 talking about exactly, is he right?  That would be the fault of the receiver manufacturer, correct?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You guys at Blackwell will build from a kit for $175 total?  How about a Polish PMKMS underfolder kit with FULL matching parts?  That's degreasing and everything?  I'm looking at your website now and see $175.  I suppose I'd have it park'd as well so I could get my duracoating to stick well.  I think I may have to send this parts kit off to you...

What receivers do you use?  Could I purchase a Global Trades and have it sent to you?  Lead time is 2-3 weeks?  You mean build time, right?  Or is that really lead time due to you ordering receivers?  

What is 44m357 talking about exactly, is he right?  That would be the fault of the receiver manufacturer, correct?

You probally need to contact5 them directly as I don't think they are on here very much. FYI
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#50]
I emailed them and am hoping they get back to me right away...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top