Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:12:14 PM EDT
Awhile back in cheaper than dirts' magazine I noticed a b-square bi-pod that was designed for sks and ak47's. Said it clamped on the barrel inbetween the gas tube and barrel. My new magazine has B-squares listed but I am not sure which is which. I was also wonder if that bi-pod is good and if it will tilt backwards or forwards.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
huh?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I beleive I have a B-Square Bipod. It came free when I purchased this rifle. The bolts get loose after shooting, then they strip after a while and now the thing barely hangs on there. It will not move back and forth, but there are springs on each side for lateral movement. You can see where it has rubbed the finish off my barrel. Hope this helps and hope the picture helps identify. Plus I get to post another gratuitous pic of my AK!

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Sucks that it doesn't work well. It is a sweet looking design. Wonder if red loc-tite would help keep the bolts in. I may have to get a rail system and one of the rail mounted AR15 bi-pods and a vertical grip...maybe a flashlight for no real reason lol. I don't know but I want and need a bi-pod.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I may go to a rail undersystem with an attached bipod also.

One of my sides are stripped. It is not the screw, but the threaded hole that is stripped. I assume loctite would work, but  you would still get the wear on the receiver because while the bottom has nice rubber, the top parts are bare metal. Also the part that clamps down on the barrel is a triangular shape and when you tighten down on the barrel bolt the triangles are simultaneously forced out, hence the eventual stripping.

It would have been a much better design to have machined a peice of metal that went over the entire barrel kind of like a scope ring holds a scope, then you could have the entire inner peice be rubber and really protect and dampen. I wish someone would make one like that.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The rail system is probably the best. Sucks that the rail system is 50$ and the bi-pods for them are 100$...then 30 for the forgrip blah blah blah.

I bet it will scare people at the range lol.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top