Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:18:20 PM EDT
I was involved with Gunsnet.net G2 FCG group buy.  Basically I'm out $66 and those jerk offs won't return my emails, IM or answer my threads.  

I paid by US Postal M.O. and got off the phone and they won't do jack.  If you buy anything over the internet I would do with credit card or paypal.  This is the first time I got burned over the internet.  It pisses me off how they have just ignored me and hope I will go away.  

Screw gunsnet and the horse they rode on.

Just venting and warning about buying from them.  Don't do it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the screwed by GOONSNET club.

Check the EE here.  Someone has them for cheap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
At least I didn't lose any more than that.  Some people have gotten the shaft with no vaseline.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
[Guns Network Staff]Shut yer cockholster, Boy![/Guns Network Staff]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
[Guns Network Staff]Shut yer cockholster, Boy![/Guns Network Staff]

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Lakemoor,you're in good company here,most of us here are EX-gunsnet members.Sorry to hear about your loss,but I doubt you'll find anyone here surprised it happened.Stick around awhile,and Welcome To The Dark Side!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]
USPS money order? I would do my best to go after them for fraud
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm beginning to wonder about weaponeer GB's myself.

Try looking at the AR15 upper receiver block GB pages- last 2 or 3.  I'm really wondering if I'll ever see the product at all.

I got mildly crucified for asking for a progress report- then a few guys jumped in to blow the mods.

Whatever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm beginning to wonder about weaponeer GB's myself.

Try looking at the AR15 upper receiver block GB pages- last 2 or 3.  I'm really wondering if I'll ever see the product at all.

I got mildly crucified for asking for a progress report- then a few guys jumped in to blow the mods.

Whatever.

I have been on the list for a goonsnet group buy on the Romanian kits for literally years now with no end in sight.  I have also participated in a couple of Weaponeer group buys.  The only one I was disappointed in was the Romanian AK gb through Inter Ordinance.  Stick with AR15.com.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I never had a problem with my G2 FCG group buy.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#11]
IMHO, all the waiting, hassle, etc. of such group buys isn't worth it, for what is usually minimal cost savings.   I also love it when vendors offer so-called "group buys" that allow you to pay them directly, and take receipt of the merchandise direct from them.    Dunno about anyone else, but back in the day, we just called that being on sale.   Seems like everyone just goes nuts whenever the "group buy" tag is used.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just venting and warning about buying from them.  Don't do it.

you don't have to worry about that here..........I believe everybody on the internet, that is a gun owner, knows about those assclowns .......you must have just got a computer and found the internet in the last few days if you didn't know about the slugs at goonsnet
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I got into it pretty good with one of the EE MODs over at GOONSNET.............The entire thread that contained the assclowns responses miraculously disappeared!....blasted into cyserspace....never to be seen again.................

I vowed off that site and will NEVER go back for any reason.............
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
My thread is gone from gunsnet.  I chatted a while with I guess the head guy of gunsnet.  He said he would make it right.  He was most pissed off that I posted here.  

I chatted nice and even offered an apology just to be civil and get it resolved.  I think he took it and eventually cooled down a little but I'm sure he hates me, puts me in good company.  Talked down to me quite a bit while I stayed cool.  I stated my case and he stated his.  We will see how it goes.  

In all honesty both of us are losers in this fiasco.  Boys and girls use your credit card or paypal for protection.  Protects the buyers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
DThor to the rescue!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IMHO, all the waiting, hassle, etc. of such group buys isn't worth it, for what is usually minimal cost savings.   I also love it when vendors offer so-called "group buys" that allow you to pay them directly, and take receipt of the merchandise direct from them.    Dunno about anyone else, but back in the day, we just called that being on sale.   Seems like everyone just goes nuts whenever the "group buy" tag is used.

I agree.. Most group buys seem like an easy way to make some money.. Guy already knows how many to order, doesnt have to lay out any of his own cash...etc.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't remember who I bought my last on from thedukeryan or scottgull, but why go anywhere else?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the heads-up.
I was looking at the 1919A4 group buy over there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
DThor to the rescue!

HAhahhaaaahhaaahh!!!!!!!
I hate those guy's!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I may be crazy...............but, I haven't joined any group buys over there................
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the heads-up.
I was looking at the 1919A4 group buy over there.www.tinypic.com/bg5qmo.gif

So how does it compare to new and now in .308 from gunthings.com ?

They are all from the same shipment IIRC. They are not new, but arsenal re-built. Big difference there.
So the only real difference would be about $70, if Gunsnet shipped promptly.

Has anyone ever delt with AutoChart Inc? They run a Group Buy on Yahoo chat.
They are selling the 1919s for $400 shipped same as Gunsnet, and Yugo Krink kits for $500 shipped.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the heads-up.
I was looking at the 1919A4 group buy over there.www.tinypic.com/bg5qmo.gif

So how does it compare to new and now in .308 from gunthings.com ?

They are all from the same shipment IIRC. They are not new, but arsenal re-built. Big difference there.
So the only real difference would be about $70, if Gunsnet shipped promptly.

Has anyone ever delt with AutoChart Inc? They run a Group Buy on Yahoo chat.
They are selling the 1919s for $400 shipped same as Gunsnet, and Yugo Krink kits for $500 shipped.

That is Orin, 7.62x51, from the FAL/AK Files.  He handles the group buys and ORF ships the product.  I regret that I did not buy more Yugo Krinks at the old price of $440.

As for Weaponeer.com, I have participated in four of their group buys and have been very satisfied.  The best was a new Tantal kit for $180.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
USPS money order? I would do my best to go after them for fraud

For $66?  No one will do shit for $66 sorry to say.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gunsnet.net G2 FCG group buy

1 thru 10 - Member price is $34.75 each SAVINGS of $5.20
1 thru 10 - Contributors and higher is $29.75 each SAVINGS of $10.24 each

At those prices thats not a group buy at all thats just someone trying to make some easy money. I have mine listed for $26.99 in my sale section www.MidwestArmory.com with no credit card fees or LONG wait. Plus $3.85 shipping with any order.

damn Lakemoor, not only did you get taken for 66 bucks..........but you got a hard ass fucking for that as well...........without any lube, or even a reach around.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That is Orin, 7.62x51, from the FAL/AK Files.  He handles the group buys and ORF ships the product.  I regret that I did not buy more Yugo Krinks at the old price of $440.

As for Weaponeer.com, I have participated in four of their group buys and have been very satisfied.  The best was a new Tantal kit for $180.

Thanks, I've heard of Orin.
I'm very leery of sending that kind of money out to total strangers.
You did way better than me on the Tantal. I shelled out $190 shipped for a used one on weaponeers classified board.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Big +1 for Orin aka Autochart.
I ordered one of the $440 Yugo M92 Krink kits from him, Great to deal with and answered all ofmy questions promptly and even did my crazy shipping needs since I'm deployed and needed it shipped to a buddy of mine who's handling my firearms prodjects while I'm deployed.hsooner with all the price jumps lately
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#30]
You live you learn.  I'm over this.  I got it off my chest.  I know there were better deals out there but I thought I give them a few bucks.  I am sure that they did ship it but it got lost some how.  My beef is how they took care of the problem.  I had to basically get black listed in order to get their attention.  

I will be sending in my check for team member upgrade here after all the support and belief given to me from this site.  There were a few people that supported me on the other site, but for the most part they blindly supported gunsnet without even understanding or reading what took place.  

GNS said he would take care of  my problem and be done with me.  Mutual agreement there.  

Edit  ** I just upgraded with paypal instead of check.  Now I'm cool like all the other team members**
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been IP Banned from GunsNet for a while now... had the audacity to state that K-VAR was a good company...

Don't look back, it's better over here. Especially the Dark Side.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have been IP Banned from GunsNet for a while now

You know, you can easily surf through a free proxy
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been IP Banned from GunsNet for a while now

You know, you can easily surf through a free proxy

why? it's a cesspool over there, why even read what those morons have to say
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#34]
No thanks, not missing anything.

Don't need to hear about how great JoeKen and Elite Fireams are.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gunsnet.net G2 FCG group buy

1 thru 10 - Member price is $34.75 each SAVINGS of $5.20
1 thru 10 - Contributors and higher is $29.75 each SAVINGS of $10.24 each

At those prices thats not a group buy at all thats just someone trying to make some easy money. I have mine listed for $26.99 in my sale section www.MidwestArmory.com with no credit card fees or LONG wait. Plus $3.85 shipping with any order.

Are your FCGs G2?  It doesn't say on your Sale Page.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
No thanks, not missing anything.

Don't need to hear about how great JoeKen and Elite Fireams are.

What??? You don't want to buy a pair of "Tactical™ Series Shorts"? You're so not cool™
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I finally received my group buy from gunsnet.  It was shipped 8/17/05 and I received in my mail box 9/3/05.   That's slow.

I apologized for what was said but not the reason why.  I felt I was being ignored and did not get a response until I pushed his buttons and effectively getting put on his shit list.

Bottom line is to protect yourselves.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top