Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:54:10 PM EDT
Does anybody have a favorite method they want to discuss for pulling the old torch cut bits and pieces of the receiver off the trunion rivets without damaging the trunions? I started on my Romy kit over the weekend and had a heck of a time with the rear trunion, even after drilling them out and grinding with a dremel, finally got it free but didn't like how it went. Figured I'd ask before I start on the front trunion and ruined something more expensive. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:42:47 PM EDT
Grind (Dremel) of the head of the rivet, carefully remove the old receiver. File the rivet nubs even with the trunnion, remove barrel center pin, remove barrel, use a punch to knock out the front trunnion rivets.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:19:22 AM EDT
i grind the heads off the rivets and down about 1/2 way threw the rec with a 4 in sidegrinder (gos onsale all the time for under 10 bucks at hf)

remove the barrel pin and barrel

center punch and drill about 3/16 deep with a 1/8 bit

then just tap out the rivets with a hammer and punch
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:56:08 PM EDT
I use my HF Mill/drill. It was cheap (relatively) and it gets used for many other projects. If you need your kit cleaned up IM me and we can work out the details.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:24:19 PM EDT
i just grind the rivet heads all the way down and use a hammer to knock off the receiver stubbs . I use this method on both front and back trunions
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:47:19 PM EDT
Grinder or dremil
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:36:10 AM EDT
forgot to add you dont want to remove the old rec
till you have pressed out the barrel pin

it helps keep the trunnion flat when your pressing it out
Top Top