Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2013 3:41:38 PM EDT
Finally I'm about to cut and crown my barrel on my 107CR. I'm wondering what you guys would recommend as a muzzle device. Krinkov style booster, Bulgarian 4 piece, JTAC47?

I'm open to any options or ideas. Even better if you know where one is in stock

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy and mount the proper AK-104 booster. If you can't find one, put on the Bulgi 4-piece "can" booster.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I say get the correct conical booster, which I think is slightly shorter that the Krinkov booster.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a Russian AK-104 "cone" type booster when I SBR'ed mine. They can be found if you do some searching, although prices seem to be going up just like everything else. Either way... I just think it looks right on these rifles, especially when the barrel goes to 12.5".
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
cone is my 1st choice, 4 piece would be my 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 more on the 104 cone booster.
If you get a Russian one, it will not index in the exact right location and the notch on the end will not be horizontal.... the indexing pin is in a different location on the Russian vs Bulgarian FSB/Gasblock.
very minor but worth mentioning.
AKUSA makes one with the indexing notch in the right location for the Bulgarian FSB/Gasblock. It is modeled after the original Russian and is chrome lined as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
+1 more on the 104 cone booster.
If you get a Russian one, it will not index in the exact right location and the notch on the end will not be horizontal.... the indexing pin is in a different location on the Russian vs Bulgarian FSB/Gasblock.
very minor but worth mentioning.
AKUSA makes one with the indexing notch in the right location for the Bulgarian FSB/Gasblock. It is modeled after the original Russian and is chrome lined as well.

This is not entirely accurate. Mine lined up exactly as it should. I had been concerned about that issue while waiting for my stamp to arrive because of all of the reports of Russian bosster's not indexing properly. It seems to be more a matter of each specimen being ever so slightly different from the next. This pic does a decent job of showing how mine came together.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#7]
cool, I'm glad yours worked, but it shouldn't have. The difference in the pin is more than enough that it should be notable. Regardless, I don't think it really matters, unless you just have to have the half circle indentions exactly  parallel to the ground. I'm anal enough to want that...

ETA crappy pic

the left is a Russian 104/105 FSB, the right is my Bulgy krink

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the look of these rifles!!!!!!

I am hoping to SBR my 107CR this year as well. ( Paperwork all completed except for signatures) I have a Russian Booster as well as the Bulgy 4 piece.  I am sort of picky too. I need to get off my arse and order a correct booster from Chris!!!!

Nice looking rifles.

Tread

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How much is it? I don't see it on the website (just see the AKSU booster and the extended AK-104/5 style booster for non-NFA builds).
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much is it? I don't see it on the website (just see the AKSU booster and the extended AK-104/5 style booster for non-NFA builds).

Give Chris a call. Leave VM he will call back.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah i never saw it listed on the website.  I called Chris butler and left a message.  he was very helpful
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top