Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:55:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 2:05:06 AM EST by BlackScot]
I recently "crossed over" to the AK from an AR. Got the Arsenal Inc. SA M-7 S with the synthetic stocks. Had considered getting the Custom model for the wood stocks but it comes with the shorter buttstock, which hangs my nostrils in a very risky position over the rear of the receiver. Still like the look of the wood though, but more-so for something darker than the light blonde that the Custom comes in. Any suggestions?

Also on the buttstocks, I've heard of "NATO" length versus "Warsaw" length. Which is which? I would definitely need the longer one. Also also, is there any particular variety of wood considered the most traditional for AK stocks?

Thanks.

Luv the AK ! ! !
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:32:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:55:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:48:17 AM EST
the wood on my romanian was the deciding factor in my purchase. it's friggin gorgeous for a $300 rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:04:58 PM EST
Russian laminate is the shit. Too bad it isn't availiable in quantity.

Whatever happened to Polish laminated stock sets?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:54:48 PM EST
Laminate is 'traditional'. Check with RPB. I picked up a very nice American Walnut milled stockset by Ironwood Designs from them a while back. Only $25, unfinished.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:08:32 PM EST
Awhile back, i bought the Polish wood stock for a milled receiver which I had on my SLR95 before going back to all black. It was a very nice wood stock kit. Truly a nice wood stock. The russian stocks can be bought from Tantal and although they thay are not cheap, you do get a super nice wood stock with the much sought after reddish/orange color. I do recommend the Russian wood stock if you are to only have one wood stock, I'd gor for the Russian one.
Top Top