Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:02:06 PM EDT
I am sure this has been asked before,but I did a search first and did not find anything so it should not hurt to ask.  I would like to buy a completed SAIGA 12 Conversion.  Would someone  please post the web sites of the companys that do Conversions and sell completed guns?  Who does the best job? Thanks in advance for any helpful replys.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
best saiga conversions money can buy:

www.tromix.com
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
best saiga conversions money can buy:

www.tromix.com

... I just hope you are patient... I think their delivery dates are now out into 2009 (if they are even taking orders at this time). Try the Saiga12 forum for lots of good advice.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Learn to do it yourself.

www.saiga-12.com
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought mine from Krebs. Im happy with it, Ive never seen a Trimox in person but my Krebs looks like its a factory built gun. Its perfect.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 5:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
As mentioned, Tony at Tromix does FANTASTIC work.

He also sells the parts to do it yourself.  I have a batch on order now.  His DIY trigger guard makes the conversion TOO easy!

Mississippi Auto Arms is the retailer for the Tromix parts.

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I would also say Tromix.  Tony was the original Saiga builder and his work is incredible.  I just brought home my S17 today.

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You can do the conversion yourself.  I did it, and I'm a half a retard.  Saiga 12 forums has great tutorials.  

What exactly do you want done?  Moving the trigger back, adding a pistol grip, and replacing the buttstock is not too bad.  Refinishing the gun afterwords may be a DIY or not.  Lots of businesses do refinishing.    

I just sent mine off to Tony at Tromix to have it cut down to 8" and have the gas system reworked.  That's not a DIY job.  Tromix IS the best.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Do it yourself or any good AK builder can do it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard someone mention "Redstar" but I can't find anything on them,do they do a good reliable Conversion?  
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the advice that I could save some money and do a Conversion or two myself,but now I am having trouble just finding regular un-converted SAIGA 12 shotguns.  I know they have gone up in price,who has some in stock at a good price?  Thanks in advance for any help.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
i went with dave at elite firearms in texas. apparently some giove him a bad wrap, but mine is flawless in every way , and he custom built mine in 60 days which i thought was a miracle considering no one else would even commit to a 6month build time

just my opinion , like i always say "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink"
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
There isn't a lot to go wrong on a S-12 conversion.

There are no magwell mod and there is no need for a bullet guide.

Those are the things that seem to get screwed up on 7.62 and 223 builds.

Bunch of half-ass conversions where they don't bother with the bullet guide.

But that's not an issue on the S-12 or 308.

The only things you need to do on a conversion are:
-Remove the stock trigger and  trigger guard.
-Cut a square hole for the pistol grip nut
-Install a trigger guard and selector stop
-Install a new trigger group

If you want a first class conversion you would want to fill the extra holes left over from the  extra trigger pins and a couple on the bottom of the receiver.

I used a standard AK trigger guard (trimmed down) and fabbed a selector stop from a chunk of the factory trigger guard.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Do it yourself.  The only real money I'd put out on mine is having the holes welded shut and refinished, but in the end I'm getting that done for free.  There are a few options around the welding of holes and refinish.  The conversion is well within most people's abilities and basic tools.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I heard someone mention "Redstar" but I can't find anything on them,do they do a good reliable Conversion?  

Here you go:

www.redstick-firearms.com/

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top