Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:19:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 9:36:04 PM EST by 762hurts]
Got a tight ass kit from Copes Distributing. Need info on the best receiver for this model. Anyone help me?

This has the different front vertical grip that was issued to airborne troops. The front vertical grip goes backwards slightly versus the common forward infantry model.

Either way. What would be a good AK modern style underfolder receiver? Who has em? How much?

Romanian 7.62x39 Underfolder. Books say I need a type 4 modern AKMS type receiver.

Help Me!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:26:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 10:39:44 AM EST by mykrowyre]
Thats the standard foregrip for an underfolder. Its so that the stock can clear the grip when it folds.

You can get a receiver from global trades. Tell them you need a complete receiver for an underfolder.

(edited: whoops, not true, get a regular receiver and drill the trunion holes yourself)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:55:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 12:39:33 PM EST by 762hurts]

Originally Posted By mykrowyre:
Thats the standard foregrip for an underfolder. Its so that the stock can clear the grip when it folds.

You can get a receiver from global trades. Tell them you need a complete receiver for an underfolder.

Thank You. I thought no-one had an answer.

Okay. Got with Global Trades. The type of receiver that is "BEST" for the Romanian UnderFolder is:

The Global Trades Type 2 1.0mm(not 1.6mm), and 7.62x39 specified. These go for 59.99. And are on backorder 4-6 weeks. I went ahead and ordered it to my FFL anyway. I still need time to re-do the wood, and stuff anyway.

So. Global-Type 2-1.0mm-7.62x39 for the Romy UF.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:35:02 PM EST
Anybody got one built here in ARFCOM- LAND?

Someone at ARFCOM has one built already. Thing is gorgeous! I can't wait to get mine together!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:35:33 PM EST
Any other actual options right now besides this 1mm Global Trades Type 2 receiver???

I can't help but be curious.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:12:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By 762hurts:
Any other actual options right now besides this 1mm Global Trades Type 2 receiver???

Right at the moment I don't know of any dedicated 100% receiver for the Romanian UF kit. We have the rear blocks to work with.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:02:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By HarlanNDS:

Right at the moment I don't know of any dedicated 100% receiver for the Romanian UF kit. We have the rear blocks to work with.

Thanks.
Harlan

What do you mean? Rear blocks?

Where in MN are you out of curiosity? I'm from Little Canada/St. Paul.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:33:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 5:36:05 PM EST by JoeBud]
"What do you mean? Rear blocks?"

He is referring to the rear trunion. In other words, a receiver from Global cut for an underfolder will not work. The Romanian has a unique pattern to it. You can either get a receiver with no holes, buy a standard receiver and fill the holes, or wait patiently for DCI (Harlan) to provide one for us. Right now, I will wait.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:31:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 5:05:25 PM EST by 762hurts]

Originally Posted By JoeBud:
"What do you mean? Rear blocks?"

He is referring to the rear trunion. In other words, a receiver from Global cut for an underfolder will not work. The Romanian has a unique pattern to it. You can either get a receiver with no holes, buy a standard receiver and fill the holes, or wait patiently for DCI (Harlan) to provide one for us. Right now, I will wait.

Wow. You are seriously the first to say that the Global Trades Type 2 1mm underfolder cannot be used for my Copes Distributing Romanian UF kit.

Hell. I got numerous e-mails, and responses here, and on Gunco that they are the way to go.

Global Trades/ Lee said that that was "the only one that is "mil-spec" right now.

Interesting.

Do you have a kit, and receiver?

I guess I'm gonna find out the hard way. I hope I can save someone else some time/money/trouble.....

link for those interested in Global Underfolder talk.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=95&t=81890

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22052

These have been built pre-dominantely on 1.6mm receivers.

Hesse, Vulcan, Global.............hell. even tapco flats

I guess all these people, even the ones who have them, are imagining.

I dunno.Time will tell.

(and hurry Harlan/NoDakSpud)Hell. I'm dying to buy my receiver from a fellow Minnesotan!)

edit~lost the pre-drilled picture. It was hurting the conversation...lol~edit
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:56:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 5:57:50 AM EST by HarlanNDS]
There is not a universal AKM UF receiver. Right now, available on the market, are Yugo M92 UF kits, Polish UF kits, and Romanian UF kits. Each kit will require its own dedicated UF receiver. For example, a receiver cut for the Polish UF hole pattern will not work with the Romanian UF rear block.

Harlan
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:25:54 AM EST
Ok, option #2, buy a receiver and drill / cut your own holes for the rear trunion. Doing that now from a flat for my polish underfolder.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:11:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 9:33:32 AM EST by JoeBud]

Do you have a kit, and receiver?

link for those interested in Global Underfolder talk.

Yes, I have a kit as well. I also have Polish and Yugo underfolders. The Romanian rear tunion is totally different. It will not work with a receiver cut for a Polish underfolder. Yes, the links you provided talk about using Global receivers, but they don't mention using one that Global cut for an underfolder. The guys that built them on Globals had to cut their own holes to match the Romanian rear block (trunion). Order the Global, just have them leave the rear uncut and you will be fine.
Here are a couple pics to show the difference.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:38:56 AM EST
Wow, sorry about that 762, didn't realize they were so different. Most underfolders I've seen all had the same (or looked the same) hole pattern. The romanian underfolder is definately something completely different.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:56:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 1:59:10 PM EST by 762hurts]
I don't remember ever saying that these GT's were PRE-CUT to my Romanian UnderFolder kit.

I do remember saying that all the talk is about Global Being "opinioned" as the best going as of last week anyway.

Harlan's NoDakSpud aside.

If it makes anyone here feel better. I may just put off buying that back-ordered GT receiver. I'm not sure I should worry though. (I hope I don't wait long for a good one)

edit~Sometimes talking with people around here hurts my head. And I didn't think it could be that way among gun-lovers.....lol~edit
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:37:32 PM EST
Sorry if I made your head hurt. Just making sure you understood what will and will not work for our Romy kits.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:53:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 5:01:23 PM EST by 762hurts]

Sorry if I made your head hurt. Just making sure you understood what will and will not work for our Romy kits.

Nope. I don't get it.

Are you saying that a Global Trades 1mm type 2 receiver without holes cannot be used for my Romanian Underfolder kit that I purchased from Copes?

And I own a M70AB2 underfolder so I get that one. Even though I didn't mention Yugo underfolder receivers at all.

A Yugo a Romy is not.

And above. You posted that a Polish Underfolder Receiver wouldn't work for my Romy. Um....yeah. I agree. When did I say it would work.....? Uh. Yeah. I didn't. We aren't even in the Poly forum.

I'm sorry. But....What are you posting about?

The thread was about any receivers that "could" be used to build said Copes distributing Romy Underfolder kit. Period.

And if you are still inclined to assist on a Romanian Underfolder "possible receiver" discussion. I would appreciate it.

I already have my Yugo covered, and I'm not in the market currently for a Poly. So. No need to cunfuse the issue, or make my head hurt...lol.

Back to the Romanian Underfolder Receiver situation. Please. I'm here for help on options for my kit.

Sorry if I offended. I only want to talk Romy, and receivers. You sidetracked a bit. IMHO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:00:36 PM EST
A Global Trades 1mm typr 2 receiver without holes is exactly what you need for your Romy kit from Copes. If you have them pre-cut the receiver for an underfolder it will not work with the Romy kit. Their pre-cut receivers only work with Polish underfolders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:02:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 5:03:49 PM EST by 762hurts]

A Global Trades 1mm typr 2 receiver without holes is exactly what you need for your Romy kit from Copes. If you have them pre-cut the receiver for an underfolder it will not work with the Romy kit. Their pre-cut receivers only work with Polish underfolders.

Thank You!

That's all I was trying to say!

I Love You too Man!

Woah nelly! just playing!

LOL

well. i hope all this helps others get it....lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:20:34 AM EST
Anyone else still around that is working with a receiver that they are "making" work? Doing some mods?

I'd like to wait for NoDakSpud. But when I talked to them. Even they said I could buy one of thier AKM flats, and cut my own folder holes......

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:48:25 AM EST
When I was in the market for a flat for a polish underfolder I was advised that it is not hard to locate and drill the underfolder holes. I can't confirm that. I found the flat I needed. IF what I was told is true, it would seem to me that it would be easier to do on a receiver, if you have access to a drill press. Just buy whatever receiver you choose without trunnion holes and drill them youself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:49:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:
When I was in the market for a flat for a polish underfolder I was advised that it is not hard to locate and drill the underfolder holes. I can't confirm that. I found the flat I needed. IF what I was told is true, it would seem to me that it would be easier to do on a receiver, if you have access to a drill press. Just buy whatever receiver you choose without trunnion holes and drill them youself.

Gotcha.

So far

Global has a 1mm receiver without holes, and NoDakSpud has a basic AKM receiver with no holes.

No one has made a receiver with appropriate holes for the Romanian Underfolder yet.

I think I may just buy NoDakSpud's basic receiver if he doesn't make the Romy Uf soon. I talked to him. Nice guy. And from my homestate of MN.
Top Top