Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 12:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 12:13:35 PM EDT by C-4]
Yes, I've done a thorough search.

I like the K-Var Bulgarian bayonet:

While this rifle has no collector value, I was thinking of getting an E.German AKM M-1972 Bayonet+Scabbard from Northridge here-->www.northridgeinc.com/bayonets.htm.

The current crop of Vector underfolders use Polish or Hungarian kits according to their website. My AK has a slant brake.

Does anyone know if the E. German AKM M-1972 will fit the Vector AK?

At the Northridge site linked above they have 'E.German AK47 Early Bayonet'. Will this fit the Vector? I ask because they say those bayos are in new condition.

Should I just go with the Bulgarian bayo since I don't really care about the color matching? People seem to think they are the best in quality, at least that's what I read during my search.

Price isn't a factor since they are all within $5 of each other.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:20:19 PM EDT
I bought one for my Vector. You should at least buy one. They are that cool bakelite color and a great collection piece.

Oh and yes it fit on my Vector, kinda of snug be it, but it fit alright.

Hope this helps.

Jake.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:49:58 PM EDT
Sometimes they have the black version of that bayonet in stock.

I have that exact bayonet that you pictured, and a Vector underfolder. It fits perfectly. I got a stock set from Robert in Poland (laukart) and the bayonet matches the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:19:03 PM EDT
Go with the bulgy. Fits and looks great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:39:08 PM EDT
Thanks guys. I will go with the Bulgy. Like I said originally, I like the Bulgy and the rifle/bayo color contrast actually would look good.
Top Top