Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2009 4:41:22 PM EDT
Hi. Right now I have a single point attatched to the rear loop. I would like a quality two point to replace it. What would you suggest?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
i just bought a strap from GB.com.....  its a nylon strap supposedly pretty close to what actually is supposed to be on my underfolder, but it doesn't have any padding.

are you looking for padding or just any run-of-the-mill sling?
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for something that would allow me to carrying across my back as a "secondary rifle". I would like it to be a little thicker that normal nylon and mabey have a quick release of some kind. I guess I am used to having a plethora of sling options since I mostly use ARs.

Now that I think about it, I could probably make a decent sling with parts from the hardware store until I find the perfect sling.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with a Gear Sector GS-2P.  You could use the standard quick release at the receiver and a HK hook at the front.  Or HK hooks at both ends...

I use the GS-2P on two of my ARs, it is a very nice, high quality sling.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I may have solved the problem with this "temporary" sling I made with stuff from Ace Hardware. I put a tac light on it too. I love this gun.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
A RPG(rocket propelled grenade) sling works great on a Yugo.Plus its spring loaded ends allow for quick on and off installation.They can be found at surplus stores and siteshref=http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/848/rpgsling.jpg" />
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I've put a boonie packer quick adjust 2 point on my fixed stock Yugo and liked it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I am told that the sling I have is a navy russian type, quality is top notch. As pictured below i have it in standard configuration. But it also works well as a singel point sling if I take the front clip and attach it to the back sling hoop on the weapon. This make a single hoop and IMO works just as good as a tactical sling. I got the idea from seeing some pictures for some Yugo troops doing the same. Sorry I dont have a picture of mine in this config nor the yugo troops. Maybe someone does....

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#8]
scroll down to the guys in the tactical tennis shoes

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=119832
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
scroll down to the guys in the tactical tennis shoes

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=119832

Hey that is the adidas air tactical, it is delux son!
Thats the one i was refering to thanks!

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 on the Gear Sector GS-2P.  You can interchange strap ends with an HK hook if you buy the accessories.  I also sometimes use a single point Gear Sector ASP.  It is convenient to have a sling that you can interchange with an AR.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]
After much deliberation, I just ordered the Gear Sector GS-2P.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 2:24:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

After much deliberation, I just ordered the Gear Sector GS-2P.

You'll like it.  Great company to do business with as well.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top