Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:42:43 PM EDT
Anyone ever heard of this before?  I had a misfire (so I thought) and the bolt then got stuck as I tried to clear the round and get a new one in the chamber.  I disassembled the bolt and found the firing pin sticking farther out the back of the bolt carrier than it should.  I was able to take the bolt carrier apart and pull the pin out far enough to determine it was bent.

I took it home and tried sticking it in a vice to straighten it out.  No luck.  Even cranking down on it as far as possible, as soon as I relieved the tnesion of the vice it returned to a bent position.

I guess I should just replace it?  Any other ideas?

Rich
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a cheap replacement part. I would buy another one and move forward.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Now is a good a time as any

www.murraysguns.com/sksown.htm
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now is a good a time as any

www.murraysguns.com/sksown.htm

I second the Murry FP.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top