Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 11:36:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 11:36:22 AM EDT by garr]
Can it be done with a small bender like this one Sheet metel Bender
Or do you need a heavy duty type of bender.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:18:47 PM EDT
No, you will need a special jig for bending the flats which basically consists of a top die that presses the flat into a bottom U-shaped jig that is the correct dimension. There are prints available if you want to build one, or you can buy the jigs but they are expensive...personally I would buy a preformed receiver as they are inexpensive and ready to accept your parts kit. Unless you are going to build a lot of guns the flats are not worth messing with.
Top Top