Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2005 8:04:25 AM EDT
I remember someone posted al ink to a place that was selling a bayo lug resto kit for AK's, it was a screw on/center weld lug for $10 or so. Does anyone still have that link? I tried searching for it but can't find it again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the user who made them was called ONTHELOOSE or something like that, but im not sure. Hopefully he sitll makes them. I bought one they are great for restoring your AKs bayo lug.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very nice.  I'm impressed!

Me too. Dang, that IS nice.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
great idea.. but if you already have a mig welder, why not run a bead of weld along the sides of the neuterd  lug and finish with a file?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats him AtLoose. Yea they do work good thanks AtLoose. Worked on my WASR like a dream.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
great idea.. but if you already have a mig welder, why not run a bead of weld along the sides of the neuterd  lug and finish with a file?

If you can lay and file a bead that looks this good then go for it.  The Lug kit gives the average Joe ease of installation with the "option" of permanently attaching. This only takes a few seconds to a few minutes and your done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
In installed one of Atlarge's kits on my SAR-1 and it works great.  I used the screw method with red loctite an it was easy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
My concern is with the draw effect of welding. Last thing I want is metal draw on my barrel. I know it's actually the sight, in my case a dedicated clamp on device for the bayo lug, but I'm just paranoid about heat spotting the barrel and knocking the barrel out of true with the welding.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Heat sink compound ! ! !

And a wet rag, youd be surprised what they will do.

But you still better be able to place a nice, clean weld as well, try it with your 69 dollar mig welder from Advance Auto Parts, and you may not get the desired results.

But, being a certified welder, Im biased, the bolt on kit is still a good option for those who arent.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, I know enough pro welders... that's not a concern, I also have access to a 440 volt Lincoln so I've got the machine for it... I wouldn't try my, actually, it was a $85 Home Depot MIG, on much over a 1/4-3/8" bumper, and even that would be with angle grinding...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top