Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/18/2014 10:24:18 AM EDT
Not having too much luck getting anyone local to remove the pressed / pinned brake on my SLR 95, and then thread the barrel for me. I do not want to ship it somewhere, have the barrel pulled from the receiver, etc so I am considering cutting the brake off and threading myself. I have never threaded a barrel before but from what I see, the CNC warrior kit looks pretty straight forward. I could just clamp the rifle into benched vices and do it fully intact right? Any other "first timers" take on this task that have any advice / or can shed light on how hard the task was? Ultimately, I would like to end up with the SRVV jet brake on my SLR 95
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:17:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2014 6:39:28 PM EDT by greco]
I just did my first one yesterday. I recommend getting the warrior kit. Assembling the tools and waiting is a real PIA, and ya don't save much. I just put a piece of plywood on my bartop and clamped it down with C clamps. Then I laid the gun horizontally on a couple of 2x4s. I have a couple of those wooden clamps (Johnsen, Jansen? brand.) So I just tightened them on the barrel and gas tube, and on the stock at the rear and it pulled down tight onto the plywood. Then I stuck the die and guide into the barrel, lubed it up and away I went. I was real nervous at first, but a few minutes later it was done. Very easy and kool. Look at a couple of videios on Youtube to give you more confidence. Good luck!
Top Top