Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:00:24 AM EDT
I finally swabbed the hell out of my UF kit bore and the chamber actually appears to be chromed, however the rifling does NOT have sharp, defined edges on the lands.  The muzzle rifling seems a bit pitted from the Yugo ammo (GD GD GD GD).   How is this going to affect my rifles ability to shoot?

Also, does anyone out there have a source for new Yugo barrels or ones that might work?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry no chrome lined barrels on yugos. CFS had new barrels a couple of weeks ago. Also it should still shoot fine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My barrel was pretty bad, but she shoots better than any of my shiney barrel Rommies

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]
freefalle7 What ammo are you using. I have tiger and some cheeta. My Yugo seems to do better with the cheeta but my Polish UF likes the tiger.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Take the brake off the end and reverse a round into the muzzle.  As long as the bullet stops before entering the muzzle all the way accuracy will likely be OK.  However if you have serious erosion, like the bullet doesn't stop till you reach the casing neck, then she likely will widen up considerably after 25 yards.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Cheap Wolf SP

freefalle7 What ammo are you using. I have tiger and some cheeta. My Yugo seems to do better with the cheeta but my Polish UF likes the tiger.

FREE
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh and the date that is on my barrel trunnion is 1993, is that ACTUAL manufacture date?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top