Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:21:07 AM EDT
Has anyone removed their barrel pin and checked the size. I received an excellent kit and my barrel pin seems very big. .297 big. I am curious about what size pins are original for these kits. I am wondering if I have an oversize pin? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:19:41 AM EDT
Barrel pins are usually 7mm or .277" or thereabouts. Sounds like they messed up the headspacing on the original build and then compensated by resetting and redrilling the barrel/trunion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:57:20 AM EDT
yeah,
that is what I thought too. I was just wondering if for some reason Poland used a bigger barrel pin. I guess it does not really matter though, as long as there is not a problem when I do the build. I wonder how big you can go, if you have to. Anyone who has actually measured their pin, please chime in and let us know the size.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:36:37 PM EDT
It is 7mm. I used a 7mm drill bit shank for a barrel pin after I had to drill one out. Actual meaurement with a micrometer was around .276". It went in just a little too easy for my liking but worked fine. I bought another barrel pin from Kvar, never even measured it. Replaced my cut down drill shank with the one from Kvar, and kept on going after I "persuaded" it in!
Top Top