Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:21:07 AM EDT
Has anyone removed their barrel pin and checked the size.  I received an excellent kit and my barrel pin seems very big.  .297 big.  I am curious about what size pins are original for these kits.  I am wondering if I have an oversize pin? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Barrel pins are usually 7mm or .277" or thereabouts. Sounds like they messed up the headspacing on the original build and then compensated by resetting and redrilling the barrel/trunion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah,
that is what I thought too.  I was just wondering if for some reason Poland used a bigger barrel pin.  I guess it does not really matter though, as long as there is not a problem when I do the build.  I wonder how big you can go, if you have to.  Anyone who has actually measured their pin, please chime in and let us know the size.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
It is 7mm. I used a 7mm drill bit shank for a barrel pin after I had to drill one out. Actual meaurement with a micrometer was around .276". It went in just a little too easy for my liking but worked fine. I bought another barrel pin from Kvar, never even measured it. Replaced my cut down drill shank with the one from Kvar, and kept on going after I "persuaded" it in!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top