Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2004 6:24:03 AM EDT
Does anybody in Northern VA have the tools/set-up for installing/headspacing the barrel on an
AK, that would be willing to instruct me on how to do this?

Several members of ARfcom, and several 'other' gunboards had an AK Buildfest over the weekend
down around Richmond. I have mine pretty much put together, except that by the time I got to the
point of installing the barrel, the guy with the headspace gauges had already left.

I still need to trim the rails, etc for bolt carrier installation/travel, but I can do that at home with a
Dremel. I just don't have the tools/gear to do the pressing & headspacing part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and some sort of compensation can be worked out if you like.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
u can use a block of wood and hammer to install the barrel
as for the rails use a drill and grinding stone
the dremel moves to fast and wants to dig in causin probs the drill moves slow enough its controlable
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Jerry,

If someone will loan you the gauges via mail, we could get your barrel installed at my place.  Bob would let us use his press . . .

BTW, after you left I got both of my builds riveted and barreled.  Just got to clean up Dew's welds a little bit.

_Disconnector_
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top