Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:19:55 AM EDT
I'm having a fixture made to ease the removal of barrel pins. I have been asked for diameter of the pin. I get around 6.5mm but it's hard to measure them while they are still in the trunion. Would you guys please let me know what diameter pin yours have been, including the make of the kit/barrel/pin, and whether or not you think the pin is indeed slightly tapered. I have read several places that you must drive the pin out from the right side to the left. What are your experiences?

Thanks

"If you take home a starving dog and feed him, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man"
-Mark Twain

Ok, joke's over. Bring back the Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
7mm
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
the pin is .276
chinese are smaller not shure there exact size but all euro pins should be 276
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. First one removed is indeed 7mm (Romy).

"Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may"

-Mark Twain

Ok, joke's over.
Bring back the Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top