Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/22/2006 9:27:34 AM EDT
Just built a new polish kit went to press the barrel in and everything was going fine after a while I checked it and it looked a little off not bad. So I shifted it the best I could hoping the barrel pin would do the rest between 1/16-1/32. Well everything is straight except 2 things the retainer for the lower hand guard and the notch in the barrel at the chamber. FSB RSB GB gas port hole gas tube those all line up fine. Should I press it back out and fix the cant on everything else or leave it alone and live with the retainer and notch at the chamber being a little off. Also it feeds and ejects fine or am I just being a little picky
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:53:01 AM EDT
install the barrel pin
if everythang is where it should be but the retianer
there isnt really anythang you can do
the barrel is twisted but the pin is drilled that way and you really dont wanna mess with that

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:53:33 AM EDT
just thought id add ive never seen this befor
id like a pic if you can get 1
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:16:42 PM EDT
I'll see what I can do. I've built 5 so far and never ran across this. When I finished pressing the barrel the it was slightly canted to the right. You could look into the hole where the barrel pin goes and see that it was up on the left side a bit. I kept trying to twist it around slowly while I pushed the pin in and got it almost there. You know the L shape notch at the chamber (its looks like it is angled down to the right but the groove for the round is still straight. Im sure its off a little but I really hate to try and press it out of a good receiver or pull the trunnion out and still be left with fixing the cant on the FSB and GB. If you have a cell phone with a camera IM your number and I will send some pics. It may be a while before I can download some digitals and host them some where.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:48:07 PM EDT
Cant touch this one without pictures.
Top Top