Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:38:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It shure is tempting. I thought about giving him more $$ just to take it off the receiver and drop the parts in the mail, but I swore "NO MORE PARTS KITS", my new years resolution.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It shure is tempting. I thought about giving him more $$ just to take it off the receiver and drop the parts in the mail, but I swore "NO MORE PARTS KITS", my new years resolution.

"NO MORE PARTS KITS?"  My new years resolution was to quit smoking (i'm smoking one as i write this, lol)  This rifle has to be a total mess, he stated that the bolt carrier has been "rewelded" what the hell does that mean, i didnt know they demilled bolt carriers. Maybe they rewelded the fullauto piece on the carrier who knows, If the barrel is nice its worth it in my opinion, A Maadi barrel at that. He stated that he started it as a post sample build and that it has full auto parts in it, does that mean it has the 3rd hole?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He stated that he started it as a post sample build and that it has full auto parts in it, does that mean it has the 3rd hole?

Read the ad:

The receiver is not drilled or modified at all so it is still a title one gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember that many of those BWEST receivers weren't heat treated.  Get a new one.  They cost about the same.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wonder if the receiver is fixable. If it is you could probably sell it for what a new one costs. The receiver would likely be considered preban which may be worth fixing for someone who is handy and has the right setup.

Sure, anything is possible and your right, it may be worth repairing if its a preban, which most likely it is.  Someone in one of those AWB states like New York could utilize the preban status of the receiver.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wonder if the receiver is fixable. If it is you could probably sell it for what a new one costs. The receiver would likely be considered preban which may be worth fixing for someone who is handy and has the right setup.

Sure, anything is possible and your right, it may be worth repairing if its a preban, which most likely it is.  Someone in one of those AWB states like New York could utilize the preban status of the receiver.

If I lived in a ban state I would dish out the $75 and see what needs to be done. Even if the receiver is beyond repair you wouldnt really be out anything.

Except for paying a transfer fee for a possibly useless receiver.

Hopefully a fee of not more than $25.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top