9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:59:05 PM EDT
Any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:08:39 PM EDT
tastes great
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:09:31 PM EDT
less filling
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:00:47 PM EDT
I'm taking that as it's....................good?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 4:07:27 PM EDT by 1Gunner]
which one dude.....theres like four
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:25:30 PM EDT
How about the bulgy 74 with side folding triangle stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:36:46 PM EDT
I'm looking at the wood fixed stock one from Ohio Rapid Fire on the Ohio Ordnance receiver.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:41:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 4:41:40 PM EDT by 1Gunner]
they are good, the best non-custom built 74 you could get a year ago

personaly I would pass and get a kit and a global receiver, the OOW are obsolete now with the Globals that are a tad more in spec, but that is being very picky

the ORF OOW should serve you well, the receiver will last as long as the parts
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:49:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JaketheSnake:
How about the bulgy 74 with side folding triangle stock.

Thats the only one thats worth it IMO. For a fixed stock you can get a converted SLR-105R from jnewt for almost the same price, and get a factory built rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:17:48 PM EDT
How much does jnewt charge for one?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:29:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By slammer11111:
How much does jnewt charge for one?

Probably around $600.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:00:36 PM EDT
Arsenal SLR105A1 is only$635 out the door
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:52:59 PM EDT
What is the difference between an SLR105 A1 and an SLR105 A1R?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:57:50 PM EDT
rail for optics "R"
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:05:42 PM EDT
I guess the reason that I was looking at the one from Atlantic Arms is because it comes with the bayonet and all for a little less. Is the difference in quality that much noticable?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:13:13 PM EDT
anyone???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:28:16 PM EDT
which one were you talking about now?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:05:29 PM EDT
Just asking if the quality on the one from Atlantic was all that bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:46:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 7:33:36 PM EDT by Atreides]
I don't know about the quality of the gun you're asking about, but my experience with Atlantic Firearms was NOT a good one.

First off, the order system is unnessesarily time comnsuming. You need to call and ask about availability but can't just order the gun then and there, you need to fill in an order form. The order form on the web page didn't want to print out from any of my computers, home/work/and a friends house. What I ended up having to do is hand write the order form and send it in with payment. It took a week of emailing to get a response from Mr. Bunting, and the response was as it he didn't care about the sale at all. I sent him $1600.00 for a Bobcat BW89 ...well actually I accidentally sent him an extra $15.00 because of confusion over shipping and he couldn't even email me anything over a sentence long. I never got my money back, the gun took a month to get here, and when I wrote him on the 4th week of waiting, I was told to "Use the order status button" on the website. No answer to any of my questions...just one sentence of "Use the order status button". He couldn't even take the 2 minutes to tell me if the order was sent out or not.

And forget about that "returning customer program" he posts on the site. I wrote him to check on availability on an AK and a quote explaining who I was, and got a single sentence answer back. "I have it in stock. Same price as advertised". I emailed him back and asked him about the return customer discount to return customers AND the $15.00 he never sent back. Big surprise: a one sentence reponse "You'll get your $15.00." What kind of customer service is that? If I never reminded him of the money he would have kept it even if I wrote him about it twice. Anyway, I told him to keep the lousy $15.00 and the AK, and that I would never recommend him or Atlantic Firearms to anyone ever again. I never heard from Blaine Bunting ever again.

You have been warned.

In a Nutshell? ATLANTIC FIREARMS SERVICE SUCKS MONKEY NUTS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:54:51 AM EDT

I guess the reason that I was looking at the one from Atlantic Arms is because it comes with the bayonet and all for a little less. Is the difference in quality that much noticable?

Its well worth the difference in price to get a factory built gun.

Atlantic is not a factory/arsenal/etc. They sell a whole lot of kit built guns on US receivers. There probably isnt anything wrong with this (I own a built AKS-74), but I'd only get a US receiver if the configuration was impossible to get from a factory, or a lot more expensive. If you're getting a fixed stock 74 there is no reason to go with a build over the SLR-105 series.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:55:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:48:24 PM EDT
I ordered my Vector AK-47 from Atlantic and I had no problems. If anyone should have gotten mad, it should have been them; because I pestered them and pestered them until they had the AK's. They are a pleasure to deal with. If I could get a yea or nay on the ORF AK-74 from them, I'd buy from them again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:57:26 PM EDT

Is the difference in quality that much noticable?

I think you'd notice a fairly big gap in the quality between one built on an ORF and an Arsenal Inc. I think the difference in cost is well worth it for the Arsenal Inc quality.

That said, I've had great dealings with Atlantic Firearms. I've pestered the shit out of Blake and he has literally replied to every single one of my stupid ass questions. He's pleasent to deal with, offers great AKs at great prices and is a class act.

So, even though I love the Arsenal Inc AKs I would have no problem sending Atlantic Firearms my money.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:39:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:

Is the difference in quality that much noticable?

I think you'd notice a fairly big gap in the quality between one built on an ORF and an Arsenal Inc. I think the difference in cost is well worth it for the Arsenal Inc quality.

That said, I've had great dealings with Atlantic Firearms. I've pestered the shit out of Blake and he has literally replied to every single one of my stupid ass questions. He's pleasent to deal with, offers great AKs at great prices and is a class act.

So, even though I love the Arsenal Inc AKs I would have no problem sending Atlantic Firearms my money.

+1 and thanks for the BW-89
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 9:39:22 PM EDT by Atreides]

Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
Atreides
Your story about our company seems a bit one sided , we have completed several transactions with AR15.COM members and never ran into the complaints that you have brought forward .If we owe you any money we would be more than glad to send you a check for $15. Please email over all your contact info , we will research the emails & payment/order history, we would never take payment and wait a month to ship out a item, I will be l glad to post the date of your payment deposit and the tracking # of the shipment for verification purposes. Yes due the volume of emails we do return emails with short anwers because we do not have the time to write a paragraph for each & every email.Yes we ask you to use the ORDER STATUS button to check on orders rather than emailing direct , this is outlined on our web site. We do our best to return all emails witin 24 hrs of them being sent to us. & the same with phone calls . If any one has any questions you are welcome to email or call. Thank You Atlantic Firearms,llc

Hmmmm,

First off, YOU KNOW I overpaid the $15.00 before I even got the gun. The refund should have occured back then when I emailed you about it the first time. Once the gun came to me I received no further contact from you. One sided? You bet. You answer emails only when you feel like it. After sale follow up service is non existant with your company.

Go ahead and post my payment date if it makes you feel better. Even better, check when I first contacted you and placed an order by email, and how long it took before I finally suggested hand writing your order form because your form would not print on any of the computers I have access to. How many emails did I write you and how long did it take for you to get back to me and solve the problem with YOUR order form? Fact is, you didn't come up with a solution, I finally got so disgusted I asked you if I could hand write the order form. This all could have been easily avoided if you had a normal SECURED ordering system. In any case be sure to post the date, then explain to me why you haven't returned my money for all this time.

I did use the order status button on your site back then, and if I remember correctly the gun came in (on the 4th or 5th week) before I got a response, which never came.

Having a large volume of emails is no excuse to reply with half assed answers to only half the questions asked. I deal with other companies that take the time to answer my questions if I have any. It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE. Hey, I'm sorry if I'm just an individual that buys 1 or 2 guns a year sometimes and not some company buying 10-12 weapons at a time, but I spent $1600.00 + at your business, and I didn't qualify for your so-called "Return customer" discount?
Explain why you didn't answer my question about that.

We also reward our repeat customers with a discount incentive- if you plan to become a repeat customer, simply email us and we will fill you in on the details! In addition to repeat orders, we also offer discounts on multi-item purchases.

I had emailed you about getting another Bobcat and a AK47 after buying my 1st. I asked about the repeat customer incentive AFTER I was quoted the advertised price for both weapons and never got a reply.

As I told you in my last email (that also went unanswered) keep the lousy $15.00. If you are that hard up for cash you need it more than me. No, better yet, DONATE the $15.00 to AR15.com so some good comes out from all of this.
Top Top