Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 12:19:02 PM EDT
Anyone here install an Arsenal trigger group in their rifle? I have a Yugo M70 B1 from Century that had horrible slap, I got out the grinder and worked on it, got rid of 90% of the slap but it has a crappy feel & reset. Tried a Tapco G2 in it and had problems with it following the hammer home, so I had to pull it out. I noticed that Nodak Spud sells the Arsenal group on their website so I figure it must give decent results with their receiver. Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
G2 is the best US made "standard" group. I have 2 Arsenal groups, they are both buried in my junk parts bin some where.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Arsenal FCG's have been hit or miss in my limited experience. The only one that I owned was an utter piece of SHIT.

Get a Red Star and never look back.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the honest responses. I tried the G2 and had failures, so I used it in another gun and it works well (Armory USA receiver)  I do have a Red Star in an SAR-1 and it is nice, Looks like that's the route I'll take with the Yugo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If you still have the G2 I would continue to work on it by grinding the back of the hammer and/or modifying the disconnector. You should be able to get rid of the hammer following problem.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top