Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 4:18:54 AM EDT
I have a (Arsenal) Bulgarian SA M7 A1 and it has trouble with the Bulgarian circle 10 waffle mags. Not enough room in the rear of the mag well for clearence when I go to roll them out. The top half inch of the mag catches. The go in fine and once they are unseated in front, I can get them to clear the back but this is an un-needed extra step. The smooth polymer mags and all the metal mags work fine. It looks like the top of the factory 5 round waffle mag is more rounded on the top back edge to allow clearence. The other waffles are quite squared off in the same area.
Anybody had this trouble? Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:02:51 AM EDT
I have the same rifle and have not had any issues.

Do you notice any extra milling that is hanging over the edge of the mag well ?

Have you called Arsenal in NV ?

They have been helpful with any issues I have had.

If you like I have two steel polish 30 rnd mags, excellent NEW shape I will trade
you for two Bugly waffle mags.

Email me with any questions or if you are interested in a trade.

My mags both steel and bulgy cycle in and out fine.

John
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:08:44 AM EDT
i have had the same problem with several arsenal guns, its the variation in the mag molding. Arsenal guns are made so that the mag well has very little play room. Just take some sand paper or a dremel and sand the lips till they match the ones that do fit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:16:16 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=73643

Go to my post and read it all , all you have to do is sand the sides alittle .... same problems same gun .
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:23:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Arsenal:
i have had the same problem with several arsenal guns, its the variation in the mag molding. Arsenal guns are made so that the mag well has very little play room. Just take some sand paper or a dremel and sand the lips till they match the ones that do fit.

Not the lips, but the smooth sides at the top of the mags .
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:46:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tooly:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=73643

Go to my post and read it all , all you have to do is sand the sides alittle .... same problems same gun .

made it hot for you

Mag tip
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:18:01 PM EDT
I had to remove quite a bit of plastic on 2 of the six. On three of the mags, the rifles mag well did it for me. On the last one, I had to polish off a bit of metal but they all work now. Thanks for the info. By the way, the smooth plastic ones fit perfectly.
Thanks,
Jon
Top Top