Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:26:51 AM EDT
Arsenal SA M-5R - Is there an aftermarket Skeleton Stock? I've seen the skeleton stocks for the stamped 106. Does anyone know if there is one for the Milled SAM5?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
like a triangle side folder or???
post a link to what you want in a milled version

Yup, I guess I should have said triangle stock. I have a Milled SA M-5R and not particular about folding. I just like the look of the triangle stock. My receiver has the two prongs top and bottom which accommodate the three screws.

Here is a picture from the K-VAR site:

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
OK so what are my options if I wanted to replace the buttstock?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
You would be better off selling the SAM 5 to get the SLR 106.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, there's just not a whole lot out there for milled receivers.

It's not really practical to modify the milled receiver to accept the folder pictured above (it would actually be easier and cheaper to rebuild the entire rifle on a $500+ Firing Line milled receiver designed to accept it! ), though K-Var might sell that stock attached to a "folding block" that mounts to the rear of the receiver. It looks like ass and I don't think they make one for a milled receiver anyway.

You could also go with ACE, but they're really big and bulky and require you to cut the tangs off your receiver.

Otherwise, you're limited to just various plastic and wood solid stocks.

ETA: Well, one more thing. I beleive you could mount an underfolding stock. Cut the tangs off and have the receiver drilled for it. I don't think the cuts are very complex, people have even done it at home, albiet on stamped receivers. It's still something you'll probably want to send out though. Makes a scope rail a no-go though.

ACE is probably your most practical option.

After reading you reply I went and looked at the ACE site and found just what I'm looking for. No folder just a direct connection to the receiver. I love this stock in this configuration, I wonder if that can be setup for a milled version without the bulky block and side folder swivel. Here is a picture I found on the ACE Ltd. site in the Customer Showcase section:

Quoted:
You would be better off selling the SAM 5 to get the SLR 106.

Not going to happen, I love my SA M-5R. It's my first AK (I'm an AR guy) and this little Arsenal got me believing that a tightly built AK in the right caliber is an accurate and reliable platform which eats and spits just about anything, some have been known to shoot gravel!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
being that this is arfcom, i have your solution. get another AK to put the ACE on(or triangle folder whichever you like).

GET BOTH
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
being that this is arfcom, i have your solution. get another AK to put the ACE on(or triangle folder whichever you like).

GET BOTH

Music to my ears
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok I think I found the answer.

This is the old style block, it's big, ugly, bulky and makes the rifle look like terrible.

and this is the new style block for the milled receivers.

Ak Milled Internal Receiver Block for Milled Receiver
AK milled internal receiver block for milled receiver for all common milled receivers, (Including Bulgarian and Arsenal and Chinese).  Modification of receiver necessary, both upper and lower tangs need to be removed.  AKRBMC..........$35.00

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#12]
lol, you beat me to it
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top