Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:38:36 PM EDT
How hard is it to install a scope rail on a milled Arsenal SAM-5? Who would your recommend to do it and what rail to buy? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a SAM 5 comming tomorrow from Impact Guns, and a PK-AS-S scope from Tantal.  Found a bolt-on sight rail local, and intend to follow instructions on Tantal site.  I'll let you know how it went, and rail source when I'm done.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the PK-AS-S scope installed  on my SAM 5.  The sight rail I found locally was not an exact match to the scope mount. There was about 4 hours of hand fitting to make it fit, because the male dovetail was too large to slide into the mount.  I also had to countersink the rear of the bolt holes deeper so that the shoulder screws would tighten through the side of the receiver. The correct one (not in stock) is shown on tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html . It is the MKT01 with shoulder screws, and has excellent installation instructions further down the page.
The scope is great.  It mounts slightly to the left of center, allows use of iron sights, allows empty shells to clear without extra scope height, and allows someone that sights with left eye to shoot from either shoulder with a good cheek weld to stock. Sight with right eye, shoot right hand only.   If you are interested in the slightly incorrect sight rail, PM me, and I'll give you the source.  Cost was $25.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top