Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/31/2004 1:31:13 PM EDT
Picked up an Arsenal SA93 with a milled receiver today. Presently it has a threaded slant brake on it, a buyo. lug and the Bulgarian pistol grip. Imported by DIG in VA. BCH. VA. It has matching blond wood. I'm thinking of putting a flash suppressor on it.

A few questions on the SA93 model. Was this model originally imported with the thumbhole stock? The wood on it looks perfect and is all matching so I doubt it came in like this. When were the SA93s imported? The previous owner said a gunsmith did the threading on the barrel. Anything else I should know about the SA93?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:21:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:39:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/31/2004 4:27:27 PM EDT by ardave]
Good info. The prefix in the serial number is "BA 35", so adding 59 would make it a 1994. The stock set on it now is not the thumb-hole, I just thought it might have been imported that way since others like the MAADI were imported in a "sport" version in the early 90s. On further examination the butt-plate has the Arsenal logo on it (the little design that is before the "a" in their trademark") so I'm now thinking this is the original stock set. The butt-plate does not have a hole for the cleaning kit, even though I did get a cleaning kit with it alone with some mags. Perhaps the only work done on it was the threaded barrel.

I spent $500 on it which I'm thinking is fair. It is in excellent shape. I have also dry fired it and it has the lightest and smoothest pull of any AK I have handled. I'll have to check on the lower tang.
Top Top