Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 1:52:30 PM EDT
Know anything about these?  Any good?  How do they compare to the other stuff out there?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend and I used their receivers for Polish underfolder PMKMS builds back in 2005.  At that time they were doing business as Armory USA LLC.  I also bought an assortment of small parts for the build from them.  Everything seemed great except the hammer.  It had to be ground down as it was hitting the bolt carrier to the point of binding.  After that it was great. Double hook.  

They brought in an expert from a Soviet bloc armory and marketed a 1.6 mm receiver.  Sounded great but getting part milled to fit seemed to be a problem.  IIRC they changed names and were later bought out.  Too bad.  They riveted and parkerized those receivers making for quick, easy home builds.  Liked the PMKMS alright but traded it for something I liked better.

Wish they were still around.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Armory USA had the first milled Bulgy receivers imported.
First build was the K101 in 5.56
and a couple others.
All in low numbers.
Gordon Tech asymbled some of there early models.
there is a sticky round here some were about it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like they were good.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and a couple others.
All in low numbers.
View Quote
Intrac Arms of Knox Tennessee imported the first Bulgarian milled receivers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and a couple others.
All in low numbers.
View Quote
They were doing business before K-Var. They made some great guns in the day, as well as bring over Ivan Kolev to design the 1.6 receiver. I have their SSR-85C which was a mint #'s matching Polish milled gun built on a Hungarian SA-85M receiver. In their day, they had everything K-Var does now, but their connection at Arsenal Bulgaria was killed in a car accident. So Arsenal Bulgaria decided to open up shop here, & called it K-Var. GARY
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_76/58135_The-Arsenal-USA-Gordon-Technologies-SSR-99-K-101-Project-.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought an SSR-85C back in 2003, which was my 1st AK.
These Armory USA rifles (Texas) were very well made mutts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an SSR 85-C2, ISD heavy receiver with initial work done by Armory USA. Further work was done at Krebs Custom.

Sweet gun, would not hesitate to pick up another ISD/Armory USA rifle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top