User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:55:25 PM EDT
Either way im getting my first sks on thursday
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
  the ones I have seen at dunhams for 100 bucks were not in cosmo. they were the ones that had ben cleaned up but did not look as good as the 129.00 guns, or the 149.00 ones. also they may try to cobb the extras like sling, cleaning kit, oiler, or ammo pouch. the one I purchased from them was 149.00 and had all the goodies. that said..... the 100.00 rifle will shoot every bit as good and they are cooooooool baby! have fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are the yugos that dunhams sells for $100 packed in cosmo unissued ?

who cares? it's $100!

buy two
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my yugo sks from dunhams, I've definately seen ones in better shape, but the cosmo already removed= great for lazy people like me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine from Dunhams not to long ago for $109.00.  It was packed with cosmo, however the stock was in great shape ( I think I just got lucky).  Anyways I refinished the wood with a cherry stain turned out pretty nice considering that was the first time I ever performed any type of wood work.

Aside from all that I took it out yesterday for the first time and put 200 rounds through it and not a single jam or anything of that nature.  I was surprised considering I only paid a hundred bucks for it.  Accuracy wasn't to bad; I would say at about a hundred yards I could hit a propain tank and I'm no sharp shooter.

As for your original question I do believe they are issued models.  But don't be fooled they are great guns for the money.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at Dunhams the other day and they had about 5 in the case.  None of them were new condition but thed looked OK.  Then I noticed that one of them had a cracked stock that had nails holding it together.

Just look it over real well first.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I am interested in getting an SKS.  Where is this Dunhams and are they online?  Thanks for the info in advance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have seen nearly the entire spectrum from Dunham's.  Most are considered shooter grade or worse.  I have not seen a single one which I would consider unissued condition.   Many look like parts guns just slapped together and numbers electro-penciled in.  Looks aside, most all look like excellent shooters with decent to excellent bores.  For a $100 rifle when they go on sale, I don't think you can find a better deal in a 7.62x39 without a C&R.    
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am interested in getting an SKS.  Where is this Dunhams and are they online?  Thanks for the info in advance.

They have stores in MI and several other states as well.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top